Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a silly comment, has kicked 5+ goals 3 times, polled over 10 Brownlow votes and taken multiple mark of the week/year contenders. Clearly has talent.

Youā€™re just feeling sour because of the colour of his jumper šŸ˜‚

And which 200+ game player doesnā€™t have talent - itā€™s not worst player ever, itā€™s worst with a significant disclaimerā€¦

hope he doesnā€™t bother himself with a footy forum but Cam Polson for me.

He was just so ineffective.

Really got games because it was the height of the ā€œpressure is running 10m away from a player and jumping up and down in the mark with enthusiasmā€ era.

North have had their fair share of those but Polson took the cake.

Out of the current crop it's miers for me. The bloke is incredibly slow for his size and probably has shortest kick in the history of the game. 35m is a stretch for this bloke.

I remember a game against Sydney a couple of years a go. He marked the ball about 45m out and any score would have sealed it. He kick goes about 33m, swans mark, stream up the ground and nearly win it on the siren of it wasn't for a great blicavs spoilt.

He nearly cost his team 4 points because he's a league footballer who can't out kick most guys handballs

Chris Scott loves him.
He will do everything in his power to get him to 150-200 games.

Why did you leave out s**t scared?

Gryan Miers.

Great rebuttal to my points šŸ‘šŸ¼

Your point was he has talent.

My point is that all 200+ gamers have talent.

Therefore talent doesnā€™t exclude him from being worst.

For the record reading back a page finding out Jack Newnes played 200 games excludes WHE from being the worst 200+ game player.

Newnes still had talent though!

Your point was he has talent.

My point is that all 200+ gamers have talent.

Therefore talent doesnā€™t exclude him from being worst.

For the record reading back a page finding out Jack Newnes played 200 games excludes WHE from being the worst 200+ game player.

Newnes still had talent though!
Again, youā€™re not exactly doing a good job responding.

I never said all 200 gamers donā€™t have or do have talent.

I was saying Will Hoskin Elliott isnā€™t the worst 200 gamer by any stretch. Old mate just trolling.

Just a silly comment, has kicked 5+ goals 3 times, polled over 10 Brownlow votes and taken multiple mark of the week/year contenders. Clearly has talent.

Youā€™re just feeling sour because of the colour of his jumper šŸ˜‚
He's taken mark and goal of the week and year contenders, therefore he is a good player, heard it all now.

Again, youā€™re not exactly doing a good job responding.

I never said all 200 gamers donā€™t have or do have talent.

I was saying Will Hoskin Elliott isnā€™t the worst 200 gamer by any stretch. Old mate just trolling.
What 200+ players are worse than WHE? Not disagreeing, just curious to hear your choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hope he doesnā€™t bother himself with a footy forum but Cam Polson for me.

He was just so ineffective.

Really got games because it was the height of the ā€œpressure is running 10m away from a player and jumping up and down in the mark with enthusiasmā€ era.

North have had their fair share of those but Polson took the cake.
Great nomination, he was awful. Phoenix Spicer feels like the modern day Polson equivalent.

Jed McEntee at Port somehow manages to average well below par for goals, disposals and even tackles despite playing for a team on a 13 game winning streak but continues to get games because of his imaginary 'pressure' too. His numbers are a bit better than Spicer's but they'd probably be just as bad if he was playing for a bottom 4 side too.

Last edited:
200 games is a much more attainable milestone than it used to be

- Players are coming out of u18s more AFL ready than ever.

- Modern sports science extending careers significantly

- 2 extra teams a long with more competition with other sports for elite athletes is weakening the overall talent pool

Also looks like itā€™s only going to get easier with further expansion and 23 game seasons

Great nitpick. Thatā€™s your validation? Wowee - you sure know how to pick ā€˜em.
His role is a forward/high half forward correct?

I'll give you some of his averages over 197 games.

Averages less than a goal a game.

As a forward you need to apply pressure, lay tackles etc, correct? Averaging a solid 2 per game ain't getting it done..

Averages 8 kicks per game.

As a forward, those numbers aren't getting it done, he is weak as piss, I've seen countless times where he could've gone harder, but didn't. I never get to work on a Monday and hear any of the boys mention any highlights.

Blokes a dead set crab.

Maurice Rioli is an absolute spud too. Only gets a gig coz of his name
Potentially looking that way, but as a 20 year old with just over 20 games, a number of them as sub, he gets the "just a kid" Mulligan for another year.

Kayne Turner hands down. 125 games mostly as a pressure forward for 60 goals. His last 46 games have netted 7 goals. Career average of 5 kicks a game. Extraordinary he was a locked in selection in a team even as bad as the Roos.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kayne Turner hands down. 125 games mostly as a pressure forward for 60 goals. His last 46 games have netted 7 goals. Career average of 5 kicks a game. Extraordinary he was a locked in selection in a team even as bad as the Roos.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His best footy was probably his first 15 or 20, staggering heā€™s still on the list.

He hasnā€™t played a pressure forward role for a long time now, weā€™ve tried to hide him in other spots. Now we hide him in the VFL where he still battles.

Dan Howe is on a par with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back