Worst AFL/VFL Snipes

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't forget the blood smearer
Not sure that even ranks as worth mention to be honest. A handful of w***ers made an issue of it for fun and profit, nothing more.
A handful hang on to it.

In terms of severity I tend to think about snipes based not only on the level of damage caused to the other player but also in terms of the potential impacts of such an act, the Milburn on SOS was obviously one that ticks both boxes, SOS was out before he hit the deck but the potential for serious or perhaps even permanent injury was very real. The Jonas one on Gaff I cast in a similar light, just so so dangerous and again he could have killed him.
The Conca one on the GWS player was minimal in terms of impact and injury to the player but an action like that has the potential to cause some very serious and permanent injuries (even death). We hear about young men being killed or permanently injured from King hits, this for me had similar potential, luckily though there was minimal damage caused.

There are so many more out there but these three have one thing in common, the bloke receiving it had no idea what was coming and was totally defenceless.

If I take my Hawthorn hat off, the Hodge hit in Wingard was a shocker, Wingard was ok but the potential was huge, the slow motion of his next and head hitting the post was quite scary and on another day could have resulted in something far more serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little different than what Franklin did to Cousins and got weeks for the week before although the hypocritical reaction of Hawthorn fans are poles apart.

So much this. Pretty sure it was the week before in fact. Lloyd on Sewell was bad. Both got the same suspension IIRC. Both deserved suspension.

Yep, Choppy, Beau Waters and Max Rooke to an extent would struggle these days.

I miss watching choppy play and absolutely loved his work from the HBF at the roos.

sadly he wasn't able to deliver his approach in a measured way. it seemed to be all or nothing.

What hit was that?
This one;

486222-byron-pickett.jpg

He was given 6 weeks. Port actually hired a lawyer to appeal the sentence. It didn't work.

This one;

486222-byron-pickett.jpg

He was given 6 weeks. Port actually hired a lawyer to appeal the sentence. It didn't work.

Picket really wasnt a player that played for the ball that much, looking at that pic, he couldnt give a toss about the ball,very similar to Jonas.

So easy to hurt someone when they have eyes to win the footy and you have eyes to hurt them.

Is that the definition of a cowardly, sniper!

Picket really wasnt a player that played for the ball that much, looking at that pic, he couldnt give a toss about the ball,very similar to Jonas.

So easy to hurt someone when they have eyes to win the footy and you have eyes to hurt them.

Is that the definition of a cowardly, sniper!
Poor marty 36. So obsessed with everything Port Adelaide. clearly must need therapy as a result of the many thrashings his SANFL team copped at the hand of the Magpies. Seriously pal you need help. maybe I can start trotting out some of the disgraceful acts committed by player from other SANFL clubs over the duration. It is not hard when you don't have selective memory you clown.

Poor marty 36. So obsessed with everything Port Adelaide. clearly must need therapy as a result of the many thrashings his SANFL team copped at the hand of the Magpies. Seriously pal you need help. maybe I can start trotting out some of the disgraceful acts committed by player from other SANFL clubs over the duration. It is not hard when you don't have selective memory you clown.

You have an inferiority complex, geelong supporters think I hate them also, so not sure how many games the bays lost to Geelong!

As for that above incident Picket was clearly going after the player whilst the player was going after the ball, with his eyes firmly planted on the player. Very similar in the way Jonas atatcks the contest..

That is the definiotion of a coward that snipes whilst players are unware

As for you, you just hate my avatar of the Famous Port Legend getting around with a Potty on his head (class act that) , just another coward sniper!

You have an inferiority complex, geelong supporters think I hate them also, so not sure how many games the bays lost to Geelong!

As for that above incident Picket was clearly going after the player whilst the player was going after the ball, with his eyes firmly planted on the player. Very similar in the way Jonas atatcks the contest..

That is the definiotion of a coward that snipes whilst players are unware

As for you, you just hate my avatar of the Famous Port Legend getting around with a Potty on his head (class act that) , just another coward sniper!
You would know all about coward snipers. Neil Kerley, Fred and Wayne Phillis, Allan and Wayne Stringer and Mark Bickley. Enough said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was not a snipe. it was a bump.
You're touched in the head if you think that's the case.
Ran past the footy and collected him front on in the neck, cowardly and disgusting act that could've had extremely serious consequences.
You look like an idiot defending it.

Byron Picket would never go when it was his turn... Thats the definition of a tough player to me. You can pick off vulnerable head over the ball opponents all you like but if you continuously squib hard contests where you are the vulnerable one you''ll be remembered as a sniper. Pickett was one of the best examples of this.

Yeah, but they dont get around with Potties on their head!
Still dirty filthy snipers. Watch the first quarter of the 1988 GF and see what those filthy pigs did including Scott Salisbury. Even a former Glenelg captain in Peter Marker commentating, said, "not nearly good enough in a game of football". Salisbury was a disgrace. Coat hanging Greg Anderson, Mark Prior and smashing Richard Champion in the face. But keep up with your selective memory pal, but I will not help your therapy.

Still dirty filthy snipers. Watch the first quarter of the 1988 GF and see what those filthy pigs did including Scott Salisbury. Even a former Glenelg captain in Peter Marker commentating, said, "not nearly good enough in a game of football". Salisbury was a disgrace. Coat hanging Greg Anderson, Mark Prior and smashing Richard Champion in the face. But keep up with your selective memory pal, but I will not help your therapy.

Mate great player, has become a fair businessman running one of the largest prestige home builders in SA, far cry from a lunatic running around with a Potty on his head assulting politicians, once a sniper always a sniper I say

Byron Picket would never go when it was his turn... Thats the definition of a tough player to me. You can pick off vulnerable head over the ball opponents all you like but if you continuously squib hard contests where you are the vulnerable one you''ll be remembered as a sniper. Pickett was one of the best examples of this.
I never noticed this..do you have any examples?

Mate great player, has become a fair businessman running one of the largest prestige home builders in SA, far cry from a lunatic running around with a Potty on his head assulting politicians, once a sniper always a sniper I say
I could not care less if he is the PM of Australia. It does not change the fact that he was a dirty little sniper. Don't be late for your therapy session because I feel that your issues are worsening by each post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back