Worst Australian Cricketers...Ever!

crudbucket said:
And don't forget :-
John Watkins - 6 overs of utter crap that ever tried to pass for spin.

I remember watching that, he struggled to get the ball on the wicket. It was embarrassing to the stage where you felt sorry for the guy.

The funny thing was, he still managed to make a mark in his only test - as a batsman! He and Massie put on 83 for the ninth wicket in Australia's second innings, giving Pakistan a relatively small target the Australian bowlers could try to defend.

Which they did - thanks to Lillee (stuffed back and all) and Walker.

Sid

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
¥earofthecat said:
Donald Bradman, Steve Waugh, Allan Border, Adam Gilchrist. They all suck :p. (If you don't know im joking, you need to get a sense of humour).
You ruined it.

Karbassiyoon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts
Oct 17, 2003
Other Teams
dannyboy said:
Anthony "but I got a hattrick" Stuart
he was better than most people thought. good honest cricketer who had to resort to the canberra comets to get a game.

Karbassiyoon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts
Oct 17, 2003
Other Teams
Sid said:
I used to love that show. Best comedy ever.
the best moment on that show was when they let a "brad bevan" onto the show - not knowing he would one day be the world triathalon champion, he smashed all the records and ran the final course in about 53 seconds - when anything under a minute was previously unheard of!

Fred Yeomans

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2004
Mog said:
Peter Toohey? Alan Hurst? Geoff Dymock? Trevor Laughlin? Rick Darling? Phil Carlson? Gary Cosier?

All stars of the 78-79 England tour down under.

Hurst took 43 test wickets @ 27.90 & Dymock took 78 wickets @ 27.12. To suggest they were poor cricketers is ridiculous.
:confused:

May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Paul Blocker Wilson is a worthy nomination, but I think Sean Young is the least worthy to wear the baggy green - the guy basically got a game because he happened to be in England at the time.

Wayne Phillips and Craig Matthews are right up there.

Scott Muller deserves it - the ironic thing is the comment "can't bowl and can't throw" was totally deserving.

Mog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 26, 2003
A wretched hive
Other Teams
The Tiger
Fred Yeomans said:
Hurst took 43 test wickets @ 27.90 & Dymock took 78 wickets @ 27.12. To suggest they were poor cricketers is ridiculous.
:confused:

I didn't suggest they were bad cricketers (other than posting them under this thread). But they aren't household names now are they.

Ching

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2003
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Chris Matthews would have to be my favourite. I think he debuted in the same game as Merv Hughes, both performed badly but only Merv got dropped.

One of those matches was at he home ground and if it wasn't a wide, it was no ball or full toss.

Karbassiyoon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts
Oct 17, 2003
Other Teams
i agree that muller was crap

never heard of him before his call up, heard of him only briefly after he was axed

Back