Worst & best suburb in Geelong, and why

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont go into the CBD at that much.
Again it makes people go the the malls cheaper parking.
If I have to go in for work (and to be honest our shop is only on Mercer St and a min away from the main drag anyway) I just go in as early as possible and try time my jobs for when there will be fewer people arond

the parking was pretty bad when i stayed in geelong for 3-4 days back in 2005 or 2006....where we were staying didnt provide parking or charged an extra $50 and all the parking around the place was metered. think we lucked in and didnt get a single ticket but were crazily moving the car around at 9am in the morning.

If I have to go in for work (and to be honest our shop is only on Mercer St and a min away from the main drag anyway) I just go in as early as possible and try time my jobs for when there will be fewer people arond
Smart,I can imagine it could be a nightmare to get around the place.

Parking in Geelong CBD is shocking.

It sucks working full time in the city. I just park in South Geelong and walk 10 minutes to and from work each day, as it's $9 a day if I wanted all day parking. That's $45 a week if I wanted to park in the city.

We are a regional Victorian area are we not :rolleyes:

Where I work overlooks the tree, and every day at lunchtime there's always people walking past it taking photos of it. Regardless of whether they're locals or not, it is attracting people to the waterfront, which can only be a positive for the eateries along there.
Just what Lingy needs - more money

It sucks working full time in the city. I just park in South Geelong and walk 10 minutes to and from work each day, as it's $9 a day if I wanted all day parking. That's $45 a week if I wanted to park in the city.

i am sure some melbourne cbd places have $9 early bird specials for parking, so yeah, $9 in geelong is daylight robbery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking about parking.
The other day i went to park in my normal spot but no parks and no parks out on the street.
Oh there's a park it was a bit tight,as the car on my right was waay over the line.
Anywoo the car on the left was a co works car i had to go out and move it.
The co worker was going off chops saying i should'nt of parked there bah bah bah.
Me being me said you can ask me nicely to move it or i'm going back to work,and something like i did pretty well getting in there that took skill.

Nah you'd be into Lings joint on Cunningham Pier if it went down Moorabool St.
Isn't Lyon's tree at the end of Yarra St,near the Geelong Yatcht Club ?
No.

Go to the top of Moorabool St next to Beaurepaires and look down at the end of the street towards the bay. One big bloody tree sticking out.

Besides Cunningham pier is left of Moorabool st but right of Gheringhap St.

Head down to wanna westfield if you wanna see big Mitch...>
Mitch Clark ‏@mitchjclark 48m48 minutes ago
Come down and see me at Westfield shopping centre tomorrow at 11am. Christmas is in the air
1f385.png
and a #MightyCats membership sounds good to me.

Gee Elizabeth st geelong west is looking at bit dim these days from i remember.
Some really nice houses on Noble st newtown
like this one SquishyKitty ....>
View attachment 91507
This is more me, rocker

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

corio3-620x414.jpg

The rabbi -
Hey Birthday Boy, pix of Corio Villa

"The 157-year-old, heritage-listed Corio Villa is one of the oldest-known surviving homes of its type in Australia and is expected to sell for more than $5 million.

The grand prefabricated house sitting above the city's popular Eastern Beach was ordered by Geelong's powerful Commissioner of Crown Lands, who died before it arrived on a ship in 1856.

William Gray's untimely demise left his ornate cast-iron mansion sitting unclaimed on a wharf for six months before it was sold to someone else and erected above Corio Bay.

Once the 12 millimetre-thick metal plates were bolted together they transformed into what Heritage Victoria describes as an "ornately decorated filigree guilloche . . . patterned with unidentified foliage and roses in the shape of Scottish bluebells".

Or, put simply, a large metal home ornamented with a braid of wee highland flowers."

http://news.domain.com.au/domain/re...elong-villa-on-the-market-20120824-24rc3.html

I remember that night well. You were like a kid in a candy shop. That was the night Billy told me his wife left him, which is why I thought you were going crazy.;)
Why didn't you tell me that SoG? I would have . . . er, er, er . . . well you know ;)

Billy is an Aquarian + I'm a Libran = match made in Heaven :hearts:

I wasn't going crazy, that's me being normal o_O

Didn't we have the best night? I love LOTI after games.

Aha, SquishyKitty ! It's all coming out now!!!
Any more little details you'd like to add, Son of God, that Kitty perhaps forgot to mention?? :p
Strangled Cat was there too! SoG is a gentleman, you won't hear stories from him. You know the Geelong Cats commandment - what happens in Geelong stays in Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back