Worst Coach your club has ever had?

Remove this Banner Ad

jacksgh

Senior List
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
For me I can't choose between Robert Walls and Danny Frawley. Walls took a competitive list under Northey in 95 to mediocrity very quick and Frawley started well but questionable recruiting decisions and game plan put us in a hole for a long time. Interested to see other supporters opinions on who was their worst coach of all time and why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Judge, and before someone says it was because he tried to clean up the off field stuff

12 wins
31 losses
1 draw
27% winning rate

Probably the obvious choice, I however thought he was a reasonable coach. Just a bad move on his part coming to coach the Eagles after Malthouse left. Whoever took that on was always going to have their work cut out for them.

sheedy was pretty bad but so is Cameron! I'd say one of those 2!
Sheedy was great. He did exactly what was asked of him as the inaugural coach of a start up. It stupid to underestimate the challenge, and ours was probably the most challenging ever from a coaching point of view. The decision to stay with the young talent more than anyone expected meant an expanded list of youngsters to develop with few experienced heads to help and influence.

He necessarily functioned like a director of coaching, and pretty much anyone who looked like they could coach could get work with us in that period. It was his job to add cohesion and pull it all together, and he did a brilliant job.

Leon's taken the team from one of potential to successive top 4 finishes in a short period. What's not to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back