Worst commentators/special comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Dermie is the absolute worst at both commentry, special comments and even on the run home. Always seems to saysomething is wrong without even understanding the facts or the new rules. Some people think he's insightful, but i think he's a blabbering *

peternorth said:
I cant stand brereton.

Heard some of the 5AA calls recently....god theyre shocking. you'd think there was only 1 team out on the park.

can any south australians verify this for me?
Yes - they are shocking and an embarrasment to South Australia. I dont mind a little bias say 70/30 if they are ONLY going to Adelaide but its like 95/5

No wonder Victorians laugh at us!!!!

Dermie is a stand out. Among many things that get to me is he talks too much, so when Dennis is actually trying to call the play, he goes on an on about matchups instead of worrying about the actual play. :rolleyes:

So is Robert "I know everything" Walls.

The channel 10 Saturday afternoon team get my vote.

Michael Christian's commentary is terrible and Stephen Silvagni's comments can only be considered "special" in the same way as some schools are described as "special".

hoddo said:

Michael Christian's commentary is terrible and Stephen Silvagni's comments can only be considered "special" in the same way as some schools are described as "special".

Yep. Add Huddo in that bag too............even though he is not a special comments man.

Sounds as though C10 has the worst special comments/commentary team in the entire business. They should replace them with Dave Hughes and company (sam lane etc)

peternorth said:
I cant stand brereton.

Heard some of the 5AA calls recently....god theyre shocking. you'd think there was only 1 team out on the park.

No worse than some of the dribble that we've had to put up with out of Victoria over the years.

But Stephen Silvagni's is my favourite, no wonder he was such a good backman, just by his voice can he bore people to sleep.

I feel sorry for the blokes who work with George Grljusich.They spend the whole game correcting the names of the players that George stuffs up.They don't get time to make special comments.

Dermot is a smug arrogant you know what but he does pick up some interesting things eg How Lloyd throws back his heels when going for a mark meaning he will always fall to the ground.There are diamonds in the manure if you look hard enough. :)

5AA they are so bad it is hilarious especially if you tipped Adelaide and doubly so if you didn't and they are getting done.

I should mention Sydney's triple MMM special comments man Sam Kekovic.
I don't think he watches the game.That is the only excuse I have for him.

Derm says alot of things that are right on the money, its just people like you dont like him...
By far the worst Michael Christian and Andrew Maher on that 5th quarter show, just terrible

dA Crow said:
No worse than some of the dribble that we've had to put up with out of Victoria over the years.

Serious? The tripe the SA commentators come out with is terrible! even kg came out and said that they should be biased because it only goes to the sa audience!

And when the crows lose they sound as mellow as eddie with the pies lose.

Gossage is the worst of the lot. He keeps giggling like a school girl throughout the call and goes absolutley nuts efforts that are slightly above average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hoddo said:

:D :D SOS is in a league of his own!!! I think Milburn did some long term damage to him that day at OO

Was listening to 6pr for the saints game on Saturday and they are an absolute joke!!! WA people those commentators give you a bad name, they are soooo dumb and bias it is a joke.

Apparently we had a player name hodge running around.
Hudghton was Hudson
Apparently Harvs was playing.
There were are few other ones i can't remember.

milnedog44 said:
Was listening to 6pr for the saints game on Saturday and they are an absolute joke!!! WA people those commentators give you a bad name, they are soooo dumb and bias it is a joke.

Apparently we had a player name hodge running around.
Hudghton was Hudson
Apparently Harvs was playing.
There were are few other ones i can't remember.
That was probably George Grilisjch, he barely knows any player outside the Weagles squad.

dermie is definitely the worst, yes amongst his 20 or so special comments in a game he might pick up on one thing that is interesting, but when he describes it he completely goes off on a tangent and ********s it up. While the other 19 things he says are just pure rubbish. So glad some other people have noticed his awful "special comments".

In terms of on the ball commentary C10 definitely has the worst team, can't put my finger on exactly what it is but watching a game on fox footy or channel 9 just seems so much more entertaining than on C10. Oh and Gossage is a tool, he shouldn't be a commentator at all just a side-kick who gives funny WA biased comments, like a boundary rider or something.

peternorth said:
I cant stand brereton.

Dermie is the Jesus of Special Commentary next to SOS

I find dermies commentary to be lucid, unambiguous and astute. He has a real feel for the game, and can often picks up trends before they happen.

………oooooppps……dermie got hold of the keyboard. (ie - He has a high opinion of himself)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back