Worst commentators/special comments

Remove this Banner Ad

kriso182 said:
I find dermies commentary to be lucid, unambiguous and astute. He has a real feel for the game, and can often picks up trends before they happen.

………oooooppps……dermie got hold of the keyboard. (ie - He has a high opinion of himself)
Yeah, but still I like Dermie. He adds much more to the commentary than Silvagni does.

I know SOS was a great player but that shouldn't automatically keep him in the commentary box. The man is awful, he sounds like Matthew Lloyd and Ray Romano.

At the risk of getting shot down...

DENNIS COMMETTI.

Once the undisputed best commentator.

Now just a parody of himself.

Magpiespower said:
At the risk of getting shot down...

DENNIS COMMETTI.

Once the undisputed best commentator.

Now just a parody of himself.

You idiot.

Best Commentators: Dennis Cometti, Bryan Taylor, Dwayne Russell, Tim Lane, Stephen Quartermaine.
Worst Commentators: Tim Gossage, Clinton Grybas, Matthew Campbell, Micheal Christian.
Best Special Comments: Garry Lyon.
Worst Special Comments: Andrew Maher, Stephen Silvagni.

Ljp86 said:
Best Commentators: Dennis Cometti, Bryan Taylor, Dwayne Russell, Tim Lane, Stephen Quartermaine.
Worst Commentators: Tim Gossage, Clinton Grybas, Matthew Campbell, Micheal Christian.
Best Special Comments: Garry Lyon.
Worst Special Comments: Andrew Maher, Stephen Silvagni.
tim lane is an absolute joke.

The best by far i reckon is Brayshaw, Lyon and Brian Taylor i find them very funny but they call the play well aswell

the worst - the CH 10 ones are pathetic , and Dwayne Russel is crap too

milnedog44 said:
tim lane is an absolute joke.

Better suited to radio. He's o'k on telly, though. Get's the job done. Rex is the worst. You can never work out what's going on.

Good comentators depend on how they team with their fellow comentators. It's a team game they call and if they seem like a team doing nothing more than working together to transpose what they see along radio waves, they are o'k. The game gets through to you. Get one comentator imposing him self above the others or the game its self and it can get on your nerves.

Seriously it sounds like Michael Christian is choking on a P_E_N_|_S when he is commentating and u can just tell by his voice that his facial effects are that he is in agony.

I can't stand him seriously, I wish he was Darren Milane after the 1990 premiership win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Gossage - how does he get a gig on TV let alone radio. His voice is so sickening, it makes me wanna hang myself.

Stephen "pressure" Silvagni - if he doesnt use the word pressure at least 100 times in a game, then somethings wrong with him

Garry "Unforgivable" Lyon - once again - "that piece of play was unforgivavle dennis"

Clinton "get excited when there is a boundary thrown in" Grybas - seriously, the collingwood freo game would have given him an erection.

Wayne "Finsihing rooting stevens wife, ill start making crappy comments" Carey - his comments make me wanna unsubscribe to fox footy.

Star said:
Robert Walls

States the bleedin obvious or just reads off a stats sheet.

e.g. after the graphic goes up...."oh and the Bombers have had the last 7 inside 50s which would suggest they have lifted" :rolleyes:
LOL. He's not great at predicting things either old Wallsy. But I don't mind him. In fact I can tolerate most commentators.

But the worst ones going around that I hate are:
Special comments: Silvagni
Commentary: Christian, Hudson
Boundary rider: Maher

The Channel 10 team is terrible on a Saturday arvo telecast.

Special mentions to Silvagni and Walls as worst special comments.

But the worst team is definitely Jason Bennet & co who commentate on Freo & West Coast games on Fox Footy.

Brayshaw is grossly underestimated. He is best on MMM on friday nights with sam, the chief (hawthorn anvil), BT. The pre game is the best when they pay out on each other

saturdays MMM isnt too bad either when keka is in there. he adds some intelligence.

I have read that d russell is full of himself. never really listen to him to know why. an examples?

Anyone noticed lately how Garry Lyon seems to splutter or make some incoherent sound (akin to the noise you would make when attempting to blow into a tuba) into the microphone when someone stuffs something up, like missing an easy mark or goal?

Have to agree with most of the posters but I've noticed a few people are putting Andy Maher in the worst special comments category which is a bit unfair since he just does the boundary and does it pretty good. Certainly is better than the boundary morons on radio like Dipper whose based his whole media career on being stupid (hello Dougie, we haven't forgotten you) and the incompetent and insufferable Rohan "I think I'm funny and cool but I'm just a f^ckwit" Connelly. Next to them Maher sounds like a genius.

I am a Hawks fan but I can not stand Brereton, he is so full of himself and just loves the sound of his own voice so much, he could take 30 minutes to say something that would take anyone else 30 seconds because he will waffle on like he is the expert on everything. He is also very rude to Dunstall all the time. Much rather watch the Chief than you Derm. Surprised to see this thread started about 15 years ago and not much has changed about Derm in that time. But jeez why do we have to constantly put up with Riewoldting all the time and Gravel Voice Brown. So so tired of them constantly appearing on Fox Footy 24/7.

Seriously it sounds like Michael Christian is choking on a P_E_N_|_S when he is commentating and u can just tell by his voice that his facial effects are that he is in agony.

I can't stand him seriously, I wish he was Darren Milane after the 1990 premiership win.

This is a hectic blast from the past this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back