Worst Day at the Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably was, Dogboy23; I have yet to get any fact right, just ask WWB when I have been known to answer some of his trivia questions.

Originally posted by dogboy23
Wasnt it round 2.I think its on year of the dogs.Xie just give Eagle another season he could end up a star.:D

Originally posted by localyokel
Worst day at the footy?

The 1985 Qualifying Final. It had been 9 years since we made the finals and 32 since we had sealed up the double chance. We had beaten The Hawks a month or so before and we were fairly confident.
The Bulldogs crowd built to a fever pitch just before the players ran out on the ground and the cheer as the umpire held the ball up just before the bounce was something to be heard-It was like the cry of the Valkyries-passionete and strong.

About half way through the first quarter the game was already over. Our guys had touched the ball maybe 4 or 5 times and Hawthorn were 6 goals up.

Never seen a team so effectivly destroy the game as a contest before it had even began. :confused:

That's Hawthorn for you.....

Originally posted by bulldogs1
Round 1, 1996 vs Nth Melbourne. We lost by (I think) 123 points and this was the start of a very bad year.

R1 1996 was against Brisbane........also a shocking loss. I have watched "Year of the Dogs" so many times and never fail to cringe when I see that game.

Larry6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back