Discussion Worst ever jumper clashes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heardy_101

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Crowbar across the back of the head is another good remedy as well.

I mean, not everyone wakes up afrerwards, and if they do they're usually a vegetable or otherwise mentally and physically incapacitated, but at least there's reassurance they won't do it again.

*Disclaimer: I don't actually condone this unless an individual starts insulting your mother. Then that bastard is going down.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton, GGFC
Had a ridiculous clash on the weekend at my club. As the home team we we wear this

however the opposition didn't have to wear a clash and wore this

Take into account that the umpires wear this and runners wear a similar green (bit a bit brighter)

Don't understand how the league though this was all good.

Heardy_101

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Watching it on TV is almost as bad as when Carlton wear white shorts vs Collingwood..... Despite the fact the gold is prominent, fact is it's a primarily brown jumper, pairs up with white shorts vs Collingwood it's a cluster******

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marlowe

The 'M' is Silent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Is it a clash on TV? Certainly at the game it is nowhere near a clash as the gold is very prominent and cuts through. The front is mainly gold.
The actual gold jumper is also mainly gold.

I mean, sure, you can separate them, but it doesn't change the fact that it is blatantly unnecessary and it's more work than it needs to be. It is one thing when clubs don't want to wear a clash, like Essendon/Carlton/Collingwood, for 'tradition', but to actually introduce a jumper that obfuscates things for no reason... it is befuddling. It'd be like if Geelong decided to wear a blue inverse jumper for away matches against Adelaide and Brisbane.

Walshawk

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The actual gold jumper is also mainly gold.

I mean, sure, you can separate them, but it doesn't change the fact that it is blatantly unnecessary and it's more work than it needs to be. It is one thing when clubs don't want to wear a clash, like Essendon/Carlton/Collingwood, for 'tradition', but to actually introduce a jumper that obfuscates things for no reason... it is befuddling. It'd be like if Geelong decided to wear a blue inverse jumper for away matches against Adelaide and Brisbane.
Sure, but thread is about the worst ever jumper clashes and there is no clash at all between either Hawthorn jumper and Collingwood.

AFL Club
West Coast
Sure, but thread is about the worst ever jumper clashes and there is no clash at all between either Hawthorn jumper and Collingwood.
Hawthorns brown away jumper v Collingwood is up there as a pretty bad clash.

-Both jumpers are dark bases
-Both jumpers have vertical stripes

Add on Hawthorn teaming it with white shorts, and the fact they choose to wear it over the jumper they wear 90% of the time that doesn't clash with a majority of teams, and it's stupidity at its finest.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Only in the same way as Carlton vs Collingwood isn't a clash, or Essendon v Carlton, etc.
As in it is, but it's allowed because Big V.
For example, Collingwood don't wear the black-backed guernsey vs WCE but they do vs Carlton.
That kind of no clash.

Walshawk

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bit like how there's no clash between North's white jumper and Collingwoods white jumper....

You sir, are blind.
Well we will just have to disagree then. I find it hard to watch when one of the 50 or so jumper clashes is on, but this is not one of them. What part of the two jumpers confuses you? It is the bright gold that pops that you can't tell from the white?
Did you watch the game or are you just looking at stills?

Top Bottom