Worst games of 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

as a hawks fan that had just seen his team score 0.4.4 to half time the previous week, i very much enjoyed crows-freo.

my worst:

st kilda 111 v freo 28 in round 4
games that are over before they are even played can occasionally be good, this one was utter dogshit.

north melbourne 69 v essendon 57 in round 4
the stench had clearly not been lifted from docklands by the next day

geelong 126 v brisbane 33 in round 5
not competitive in any aspect, over at quarter time, deal or no deal would have rated better

adelaide 51 v melbourne 34 in round 5
been talked about enough already, needs no further explanation

collingwood 89 v sydney 66 in round 12
a "made for tv" comeback didn't fool anyone. collingwood led start to finish and sydney's goalless last quarter as an appropriate anti-climax for the worst fixture in football

collingwood 111 v bulldogs 110 in round 15
the bulldogs cannot win when the heat is on. some people may have found this a tense and exciting finish. i found it predictable.

sydney 68 v melbourne 50 in round 17
canberra fans certainly got their moneys worth in this one

adelaide 94 v hawthorn 67 in round 20
even at the start of the season this raised questions as to why it merited friday night billing.

collingwood 97 v sydney 56 in round 21
sydney have not led collingwood at a quarter interval since 2002. i'll say it again, this is the worst fixture in the AFL right now and has been pretty much since 2003.

north melbourne 64 v st kilda 59 in round 21
i'm putting this in as a pre-emptive strike against north melbourne's game plan for 2010.

western bulldogs 107 v brisbane lions 56 in semi final
maybe carlton winning would have given us a better game. sometimes we have to make sacrifices.

st kilda 60 v western bulldogs 53 in preliminary final
some of you may have found this tense and exciting. i found it to be the height of predictability. the bulldogs don't win these games. simple as that.

Melbourne v Adelaide
Port Adelaide v Kangaroos Rd. 22
Second Derby
St Kilda v Sydney (Rd.1, not the other epic :p)
Melbourne v Sydney (Canberra)( Except for the result, this was an awful awful game to watch)

I saw someone before mentioned that any game involving Port or Melbourne should qualify, but how about that game these two played at the MCG during the year. Some of the worst skills ever displayed during an AFL game. Had a friend who travelled over just for that game (a Port supporter) because they thought it was one that would at least win. Was not worth the admission fee.

western bulldogs vs fremantle at the dome - mid season

the entire afl season is pure gold

except for bulldogs versus fremantle at the dome which was a real garbage dump!

other games of boredom

any north melbourne game

any richmond game

port adelaide versus fremantle - nothing game

Strange... nobody mentioned Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs. The doggies gave Hawthorn a absolute flogging in this game. IIRC Franklin was kept goaless
Actually, watching the Hawks fans sooking at half time provided some entertainment.
To mention any game other then Adelaide vs Fremantle is just ridiculous.
As I recall, the Freo's solitary goal kicker was dropped for the next game.

worst games of 2009:

<insert adelaide crows game here>
2009 afl ladder

7-<insert adelaide crows here>

11-<insert port adelaide power here>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide vs Fremantle - one goal for the game
St Kilda vs Fremantle - didn't see a goal for Freo at the end I sat and subjected to filthy umpiring
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 10 goal last quarter - enough said
Hawthorn vs Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Adelaide
Melbourne vs Fremantle

Melbourne V Adelaide was an absolute shocker. Terrible conditions, terrible crowd, terrible skills and only 11 goals for the whole match. Not one that I want to add to my DVD collection.

Didn't see Melbourne V Sydney but a scoreline of 68-50 suggests it wasn't too memorable.

Port V North at AAMI was also terrible.

Surprised that Collingwood V Brisbane at the MCG hasn't been mentioned. Very ordinary game, especially between two sides that usually play great games. Brisbane were dreadful after half time and Collingwood couldn't kick straight. If they did, it could've been a 15 goal drubbing.

Care to stick to the topic?

report.gif
report.gif
report.gif
report.gif
report.gif
report.gif

its true what hes saying though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back