Worst games of 2009

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Suprised nobody has mentioned Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs from Round 22. Definitely one of the strangest and most frustrating games I've watched in recent years. It was like a glorified game of keepings-off, in slow motion. It was logical in a way that both teams wouldn't want to risk injury in a "bash-and-crash" type of game just before finals, but playing chicken with each other for 2 hours doesn't make for an entertaining spectacle. It sapped a lot of my confidence in the side heading into the finals as well.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Second derby was a disgrace. Us and Freo disgraced West Australian football.

Then we kicked ass 4/5 weeks after that so yeah.

I thought the saints' skills were pretty good.

the game was rubbish but I don't think you can blame that on the sainters. :thumbsu:

Yeah primarily us and the weather. Cripes that was a s**t night.

#14Ward

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2009
The Dog House
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Callan Ward
The Bulldogs St Kilda Home and Away games were pretty poor, St Kilda won by about 35 in both after leading by 30 at 1/4 time. low scoring, and st kilda just do a boring defensive game style.

Nov 5, 2008
Katherin
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would say the Hawthorn v Doggies game where the Hawks were 10 goals down at 1/4 time. That was shocking.

The other would be the Bombers v Crows final. After what they did to Hawthorn to get into the finals, they showed no ticker after that.

For my team, first few rounds and two finals were pretty miserable.

SouthSwans

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2005
Glen Iris, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Liverpool, Celtics
Worst attended games

<INSERT PORT ADELAIDE HERE>
elzar.jpg

BAM!

Major Colvin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would say the Hawthorn v Doggies game where the Hawks were 10 goals down at 1/4 time. That was shocking.

The other would be the Bombers v Crows final. After what they did to Hawthorn to get into the finals, they showed no ticker after that.

For my team, first few rounds and two finals were pretty miserable.

Yeah but how good were the Dogs. I dont mind watching thranshing as long as one team is putting on a clinic.

Melbourne were involved in some absolutely appalling games last season....as mentioned the Adelaide and Sydney ones spring to mind, Brisbane, Collingwood on QB, actually pretty much every loss for the season bar the 7 point loss to the Dogs was atrocious.

For a top team St Kilda were involved in a lot of s**t games.

Personally I find Sydney, the most boring team to have played the game. They are never high scoring, too many stoppages.

Mind you, there really aren't many exciting games these days. There is no passion on the footy field anymore.

Didn't they kick 22 goals against the Hawks early on in the season last year?

Back