Roast Worst Geelong loss you have experienced as a fan

Worst Cats loss you have experienced as a fan?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

89 GF was tough as a young kid seeing Cats get so close but so far.

What I didnt realise was what was coming.

After getting over the 90's... the 07-11 period built up such joy.

Then 08 put 89 into perspective.

08 is by far the worst.

Last night is top 3.

2013 Prelim loss to Hawks is #2

And I can tell you this.

After being awake for 24 hours, watching that s**t get served up last night, getting 2 hours sleep and being back at work for another 12 hour day, this is 100% the worst Ive felt doing this stupidity for this footy club in a long long long time.

GAULING.

GO Catters
Bah 2013 prelim was gross. Thanks for the reminder :(

Fair play to you, must be horrible. I didn't think we threw in the towel against sydney last year; we had ths best team we could have selected, but they were just much better than us. last night, though, was a pure example of s**t selection, unimaginative game day strategy, and finally, rolling over.

Chappy last night on K Rock after that game spoke the truth.
What'd Chappy say?

M33 was full of Geelong supporters- but tbh either side of us was totally Richmond.

We tried to be loud tho- did you hear us chanting at all?!?!

We tried. :(

And yeah same- the last line of your post.
I was in M36, row X - in front was Geelong supporters, but full of Tigers fans behind, while all I could see in M35 was Tigers

I thought with the Ponsford being our cheer squad, they would have at least allowed a larger Geelong contingent at that end but not too be

The main thing that pissed me off (well not really- am over it now) but the behaviour by the Richmond crowd.

I've never seen or heard a crowd of people boo kick ins.

I'll repeat that... KICK INS AFTER A BEHIND.

Srsly wanted to punch them all in the face, bunch of morons.

The Tiger fans are the only reason I hope they don't go all the way this year. If they were to win the flag I can see their supporters carrying on in such a fashion they'd make the Hawks fans look like choir boys.

Was it Garry Hocking's last game in that deplorable game against Carlton?

'89 and '92, particularly '92, had it until letting WCE kicked goals in time on in the 2nd and grab momentum going into half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2008 GF - Best side by an absolute mile that year. Won't get a better opportunity to go B2B than what we had that day and blew it.

2005 SF - Was there that night. That young side did everything right for three quarters. Played their hearts out. Still hurts to this day.

2017 QF - The meek capitulation on top of an already underwhelming bumbling performance was beyond embarrassing.

I have a feeling we will be adding to this list after next friday night.
You think so? Most if not all GFC supporters might agree with you. So why will be endless pages of vitriol aimed at CS for the next 36 months. We are not expected to win. Usually the loser of this final is expected to bounce back. Why are we not favoured to do that? One simple reason. Swans are by far the superior team. We are lucky, or unlucky, to have the double chance. We did not let slip a good opportunity last night, we merely demonstrated where our list is at when finals come around, and it is not purely or even mainly a coaching issue

You think so? Most if not all GFC supporters might agree with you. So why will be endless pages of vitriol aimed at CS for the next 36 months. We are not expected to win. Usually the loser of this final is expected to bounce back. Why are we not favoured to do that? One simple reason. Swans are by far the superior team. We are lucky, or unlucky, to have the double chance. We did not let slip a good opportunity last night, we merely demonstrated where our list is at when finals come around, and it is not purely or even mainly a coaching issue
Come on mate, you've said Chris Scott has done a superb job to get us top 2 this year. We performed barely better than a bottom 4 side on Friday. If the buck doesn't stop with him over this continual discrepancy between H&A and finals form, then who?

2008 GF - Best side by an absolute mile that year. Won't get a better opportunity to go B2B than what we had that day and blew it.
Up until GF day, not just the best side of the year - finished the season with the best home-and-away record in all history* and without a doubt the best side that Geelong has ever put on the park.

Edit: I take that back - Collingwood 1929 had a better % and was unbeaten. But that's it.

Come on mate, you've said Chris Scott has done a superb job to get us top 2 this year. We performed barely better than a bottom 4 side on Friday. If the buck doesn't stop with him over this continual discrepancy between H&A and finals form, then who?
It's probably a lot fairer to judge someone over 150 games than four of them (assuming we're talking about the upset losses in 2013, 14, 15 and this year).

That might be all true Vdubs - but i think a softness/slackness has crept into the club - and signs of the " old Geelong " are coming back

You look at Motlop ( forget about the actual games he has played ) coming back from pre season looking like a broodmare in foal - there was no discipline from the club in reaction to that - where as Ross Lyon - when Walters did the same thing at Freo - banished him to Swan Districts - wouldnt let him train with the group - said he was totally unprofessional returning in such poor shape - and Lyon made it publicly clear - it was totally unacceptable

To use a Robert Walls term - Motlop has been molly coddled by the club - instead of having a bit of discipline put into him

When Graeme Richmond appointed Tony Jewell as coach of the Tigers - he said to him - we have become soft - terribly soft - . I think the Cats have gone the same way mate - they pick and choose when they want to turn it on - the Bulldogs game at Simmonds is a great example of that

Those are valid points i agree with most of them mate.

It's probably a lot fairer to judge someone over 150 games than four of them (assuming we're talking about the upset losses in 2013, 14, 15 and this year).
Maybe if he was managing in the Premier League. Perhaps Chris could consider a coaching career in the world game? Unfortunately in our competition finals are what you are judged on. Of course you have to make it first and nobody has disputed Scott being a top tier H&A coach. If he could get his team to replicate that form when the stakes are high, he could be elite. But he can't, so he's not. On current evidence. I'd love to see him spark an outrageous run to the GF from here, in which case I will happily eat my hat and any other garments I have available at the time.

the players!?

Back