Roast Worst Geelong loss you have experienced as a fan

Worst Cats loss you have experienced as a fan?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why only 2008 onwards. Someone us supported the team before 2007.

1997 v Adelaide for me Gerard.
Before 2007 there was only disappointment.*

*Unless you can remember 1963 you old fart. :p

I lived disappointment thru the late 70s, 80's,90's and up to 07.

I don't need to see it again - so even thought I'm still pissed at the Tigers result I'm coming around for this week- and I appreciate the ridiculous success we've had.
I'll be doing my self sacrifice and getting up again this week - no sleep for me again.. to support the Cats.

Get around them as the offeseaon is really long.

Go Catters

1969 First Semi Absolutely Belted against Richmond...1995 Grand Final Geelong gave up at 20 mins into first Qtr..I left my seat at same time and went where my business was and pulled down all the Geelong bunting etc......2010 PF against Collingwood still have nightmares of the right angle bounce that announced to Geelong it is NOT our nite. Also how bloody slow Ling was.

Last years Preliminary final against Sydney. That game was over in 15 minutes
I hope it's been recalled during the week

I was at all of these.

1. 2008 GF v Hawthorn (weird day with warm weather and playing different version of the song before the game. Knew something wasn't right, then we imploded... #1 because against Hawks )

2. 1992 GF v West Coast (my first GF. 4 goals up mid-2nd qtr but they got going late 2nd and Matera kicks 5 goals from 14 kicks -
WTF! Feral, obnoxious WC supporters in old Olympic stand...)

3. 1995 GF v Carlton (Had to pretend I was a mate's brother to sneak into AFL members. He is white, I am not... Arsewipe, middle-aged Carlton fans in row behind me started sinking champagne in 2nd qtr and then all started laughing at my dismay when Riccardi tore hammy just before 1/2 time. Of course, Blues cheated the salary cap, but AFL didn't have balls to strip that flag off them... )

4. 2013 PF v Hawthorn (We had chance to DESTROY Hawks mentally had we held onto 4 goal lead in last... Would have taken us to 12 straight [Kennett Curse] and their 3 flags wouldn't have occurred. Trav Varcoe had chance to tie game with less than 30 seconds left. )

5. 2016 PF v Sydney (Just an embarrassing night in general. Boys asleep at start, as were coaches before and during the game... FB post of me just sitting with my kids during pre-game was trolled by a-hole former work colleague. [You got your just-desserts a few months ago, though, didn't you *******?!! ] Caddy ends up on ground in 3rd after kicking goal and starts fist-pumping and holding his arms up for teammates to pull him up. Two senior players just walked right past him "We're 7 goals down, you ********!" )

6. 2005 SF v Sydney (Nick Davis game. Surrounded by dim-witted Swans fans whose knowledge of game was embarrassing - talk about bandwagon jumpers! Broke knuckle when punched fence at final siren. )

I could have listed quite a few more, and yes - I have a long memory!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back