Discussion Worst Guernsey you have ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

182595.jpg

288539.jpg

It was essentially the same idea as Fitzroy's jumper. Just with a bigger, not as good logo.

See this is wrong, the logo was good for what they had to work with back then.
It entailed everything in one sweet as late 80's logo, the state shape, the koala head, the double b and the location of the club.

What else could you need?

A pity that they weren't in a little earlier it would of been perfect. To me it is a classic timeless unamerican logo that shows you don't need to be flashy to stand out.

There was a whole "it's broke, fix it" comp on the Ochre
Come at me.

And who won?

This guy.

And all I did was pretty up the design a little. End of the day, Ochre is love. Ochre is life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for a new rule: Diss the Ochre, and you get carded.
I liked the innovation of the colours and gradients, but it was not fit for purpose (as an away or clash), ochre was not a West Coast colour & the eagle looked a bit deformed (or it had a beer gut!). Good pre-season jumper, but that's it. So card me!

See this is wrong, the logo was good for what they had to work with back then.
It entailed everything in one sweet as late 80's logo, the state shape, the koala head, the double b and the location of the club.

What else could you need?

None of that stuff meant that it actually looked good.

I liked the innovation of the colours and gradients, but it was not fit for purpose (as an away or clash), ochre was not a West Coast colour & the eagle looked a bit deformed (or it had a beer gut!). Good pre-season jumper, but that's it. So card me!

190082_700f8522d92f7720e3ccd9bd933644dd.png

How to fix the Ochre:

1. Ditch the deformed budgie
2. Straight navy back

But that being said, in all of it's flaws is a special beauty, so really you can't fix it. It's perfect in it's imperfections, a masterpiece if you will.

Above, that Dees jumper is actually really cool. The worst thing is it pointlessly ruins a classic footy jumper from the oldest team in the country. I do love some Fila, Jeffrey, and that design but it is more desecration than anything. Doesn't deserve to be in here.

The Livestrong Carlton jumper was something I loved; I went to that game. About a week later the AFL brought in a habit they should have encouraged from the get go, as a result of Fev the weekend before. He said the balls were stiff and hard to kick in the first quarter as they weren't fully worn in yet. The AFL then started making clubs use the official game Sherrins as the ones both sides used in the warm-ups. And people say Fev's just a blockhead...

Anyway yeah it's pretty embarrassing for Carlton to wear that now but so many charities are flawed and have all sorts going on that you can't blame them too much. Then again Lance Armstrong was about as suss as Usain Bolt but everyone loves to put their fingers in their ears... la la la.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back