Worst individual performance of the year?

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

On the same day is Vince Carter put in a fantastic individual performance Penny Hardaway put in one of the worst performances i've ever seen.

Penny shot 6-23 and had 9 turnovers

THe Suns lost by 7 in OT to the Celtics

An absolute stinker.

Originally posted by hawkfan5
What about when one M.Jordan hit 5-26 from the field?

Yeah i remember that game, i watched it over the internet. He missed his first 16 shots and heading into the 4th quarter he had just 6 points...all free throws. But he turned it on in the fourth scoring 12 points and bringing the Wizards back within 2. Cant remember who they were against but they lost by 5 or 6 points and MJ ended with 18 points.

He did it again today, missed his first 12 shots and again had only 6 points heading into the 4th against Dallas. But once again he comes up big when needed and he scores 15 points in the final quarter to lead Washington to an unlikely 7 point win over Dallas in Dallas! He finished with 21 points and 12 boards.

His shooting is bothering him with the tendinitis in his knee. He cant get up and release where he would like to but he says he will play through it and it should get better..

Peirce and Van Exel had bad games this week, Peirce scoring just 12 points, down from his 27ppg and Van Exel getting just 10 down from his 26ppg. Boston and Denver both lost.

Though he played bad, Penny had 8 rebs and 6 assists in that game, as well as a few steals I think. Still no excuse though. I think the point P&P is trying to make is though he shot terribly, he also gave the ball to the Nets 9 times out of the 20 Suns turnovers.

Thats what a champion does, rebound. Penny hits the game winning shot against the Raptors, giving them a 91-90 win. He had 27 points, 3 rebs, 3 assists a 2 steals. Air Carter had another monster game with 42 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists, but had little help from the others. Onya Penny ;)

Looking at the stats, the Suns were outrebounded 48-35. The Raptors should have capitalised, but the Suns shot better, 45.6% to 41.4%. Though they got hammered on the boards it was suprising to see the Suns scoring 16 points in the paint as opposed to Raptors 2.

Re: Re: Worst individual performance of the year?

Originally posted by Shermanator
Has to be my effort in the Fantasy BBall league over the past month or so (9th is pathetic!), mind you I have been away for most of it. :rolleyes: :D

Sherm, good to see you back. Hopefully you can get involved with the fantasy ball and try for a huge comeback. I hit the front this week though and its unlikely i will be caught :D

Re: Re: Re: Worst individual performance of the year?

Originally posted by jod23

I hit the front this week though and its unlikely i will be caught :D

Jod,

Well done on hitting the lead but do you realise that if you played most other sides last week you would have been spanked.

Your matchup was really low on stats, i think on the week i would have beat you 7-2.

Have you done anything about your shotblocking?

Five in a week is pretty bad, i got 43 and the league average is about 30.

Cheers

Re: Re: Re: Worst individual performance of the year?

Originally posted by jod23

Sherm, good to see you back. Hopefully you can get involved with the fantasy ball and try for a huge comeback. I hit the front this week though and its unlikely i will be caught :D

It's a big ask Jod, but i'll ride the season out to the end. NEVER SAY DIE!.....unless your dead.....:rolleyes:

PS: Great to see a fellow Sandgroper in front at this stage, good luck for the rest of the season mate. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Worst individual performance of the year?

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

Jod,

Well done on hitting the lead but do you realise that if you played most other sides last week you would have been spanked.

Your matchup was really low on stats, i think on the week i would have beat you 7-2.

Have you done anything about your shotblocking?

Five in a week is pretty bad, i got 43 and the league average is about 30.

Cheers

Theres a couple of things i accept and lose, those are TO and Blocks. I never lose Pts, Reb and Ass. And i usually win everything else. I will win the league. No doubt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Worst individual performance of the year?

Originally posted by Shermanator

It's a big ask Jod, but i'll ride the season out to the end. NEVER SAY DIE!.....unless your dead.....:rolleyes:

PS: Great to see a fellow Sandgroper in front at this stage, good luck for the rest of the season mate. :)

Thanks Sherm, ill do my best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back