• North

Votes: 66 12.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 70 12.9%
  • Essendon

Votes: 31 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not mad at all. I just think it's funny that you are making the most obvious point in history that younger players will have to step up in the absence of retirements (which haven't happened yet). But again, our younger players now have a couple of seasons in them and we cut most of our experience a couple of years ago hence our age profile so the loss of those older players should be mitigated by that invested growth. That is different to some other clubs who are wholly relying on that youth with much fewer older players (Hawthorn) or very average ones (North).

I absolutely agree there are some who have yet to break out or not become stars (not to say they won't become handy role players which EVERY premiership side needs a few of). You realise that not every selection comes good right? Weird point to make and it is still too early to call the careers of several of them.

However unlike some people on here you won't find me lauding every young player as a future star.

I do think we are comfortably better than at least a couple of sides given the games we are putting into some promising youth who performed well in some close games last year, a couple of shrewd moves to trade players in and a few senior players who can contribute strongly. That isn't necessarily bias I wouldn't have thought, at least not unrealistically so because I don't have us rising out of the bottim six.

My main point is that the selection of players you used and the comments about them demonstrated you don't watch them or have bothered to read into them beyond perhaps some stats? It's just weird to call out a team and then not have the actual knowledge to properly engage in the debate. There is plenty to shred from the Crows but calling out some kids who are not in our most promising few or plagued injury ain't it, pal.

But hey, you just keep deflecting to save face.
I'm not mad at all. I just think it's funny that you are making the most obvious point in history that younger players will have to step up in the absence of retirements (which haven't happened yet). But again, our younger players now have a couple of seasons in them and we cut most of our experience a couple of years ago hence our age profile so the loss of those older players should be mitigated by that invested growth. That is different to some other clubs who are wholly relying on that youth with much fewer older players (Hawthorn) or very average ones (North).

I absolutely agree there are some who have yet to break out or not become stars (not to say they won't become handy role players which EVERY premiership side needs a few of). You realise that not every selection comes good right? Weird point to make and it is still too early to call the careers of several of them.

However unlike some people on here you won't find me lauding every young player as a future star.

I do think we are comfortably better than at least a couple of sides given the games we are putting into some promising youth who performed well in some close games last year, a couple of shrewd moves to trade players in and a few senior players who can contribute strongly. That isn't necessarily bias I wouldn't have thought, at least not unrealistically so because I don't have us rising out of the bottim six.

My main point is that the selection of players you used and the comments about them demonstrated you don't watch them or have bothered to read into them beyond perhaps some stats? It's just weird to call out a team and then not have the actual knowledge to properly engage in the debate. There is plenty to shred from the Crows but calling out some kids who are not in our most promising few or plagued injury ain't it, pal.

But hey, you just keep deflecting to save face.
How many times does it need to be explained to you that this isn’t about deflecting, it’s about Crows being one to the worst lists in the comp, as is their naming in this thread.

There’s significant queries over your list, and in particular if your midfield has enough talent as it’s not been a focus for your drafting.

I named multiple players that have queries on them that you need to improve or you’ll go backwards, which you seem to agree with, but also have a problem with it being discussed.

Your posting on the Crows adds nothing to the discussion as you have demonstrated time after time you have nfi about our players.

You raised why isn't anyone mentioning the Crows as a diversionary tactic as many were discussing the Hawks.

Why? Because they shed so much experience, they are now by far the most inexperienced team like the Crows were as we started the rebuild a few years ago.

You keep mentioning the experienced players weren't being relied upon, but you undervalue their importance including showing the way for a rebuilding side. Mitchell has cut hard to hopefully speed up his rebuild. Imo,you will be in for a reality check this year.
You can't even fathom why Crows would be deemed to have a poor list without claiming some sort of conspiracy of 'diversionary tactic' and then trying desperately to make it about Hawthorn.

There's a reason the Crows are coming last in this thread and poll discussing North, Hawks and Crows.

So Ross Lyon turning down both Carlton and Essendon because they weren't the right list for him, he just decides to take a "trash" list for the fun if it.
So, you know more about football than Ross Lyon, cool story bro.
Ross Lyon is a smart man. Why would you go to a team that will turf you in 2 seasons, when you can milk the saints for at least 5

Ross Lyon is a smart man. Why would you go to a team that will turf you in 2 seasons, when you can milk the saints for at least 5
He would make more money in the media than working as a head coach, so why?
He would really want the one thing he doesn't as a head coach, premiership.

Not the game style that won them the flag.

Essentially they added higher levels of tempo to it. Which they did after adding Cameron and Stengle to their side...

Their play style wouldnt be as sharp without drilling in the chip mark slow play for years as a foundation.

I do not see the problem with Ratten layering your development in a similar way, while you acquire more talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda aren't anywhere near the worst list in the AFL. I think they could be the list furthest from the flag but that is simply because they have such a middle of the road list but a middle of the road list is not the worst list.
But if you are rating lists on their ability to win a flag that would make them the worst list then

Clearly he was not offered the job at Carlton but turned down the opportunity to apply for the job.

He was keen when he thought that he was being given the job, but not keen when he realised that he would have to audition for it, warts and all.
He didn't want to go through the process with assistant coaches, was happy to do it against guys like Scott or Clarkson. He was front runner against assistant coaches which indicated that Carlton want him and Ross felt uneasy about it so he pulled out.

Since when is just drafting sliders overlooked by other clubs, the makings of an elite draft haul?

Saints have the worst list in the comp by a fair way, due to poor drafting & sacrificing picks for b & c grade maturity.
Was gobsmacked they went and picked up Zaine Cordy..

The bloke struggled in their repeated 400m runs yesterday's training session to the point where he stopped half way through and couldn't complete it lol.

Was gobsmacked they went and picked up Zaine Cordy..

The bloke struggled in their repeated 400m runs yesterday's training session to the point where he stopped half way through and couldn't complete it lol.
The new Zac Dawson....

Anyone could have taken Windhager before 20 if he was such a steal

You get to match Academy kids inside the first round, really shouldn't be complaining
Hang on a minute here.

I'm having a civilized discussion about lists.

A Saints fan with troll Demons account derails thread with an entirely irrelevant "but whatabout" reference to cola and heeney (both 10 years ago) and u join in and back him and tell.me I'm.complaining?

Clearly he was not offered the job at Carlton but turned down the opportunity to apply for the job.

He was keen when he thought that he was being given the job, but not keen when he realised that he would have to audition for it, warts and all.
Yep, no surprise he took the job he didn’t need to audition against others.

The ‘process’ he went through to get the saints gig reeks of old boy favouritism.

Yep, no surprise he took the job he didn’t need to audition against others.

The ‘process’ he went through to get the saints gig reeks of old boy favouritism.

Lyon
Harvry
Hayes
Goddard
Dal Santo

Old boy favouritism? No idea what would give you that impression…🤣

Back