Discussion Worst local footy jumpers

Frank and Beans

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys,
Unsure if this has been done before but would love to see a list of the worst local footy jumpers knocking aroind footy comps! For me, Cora Lynn in the west gippsland is shocking

The jouneyman

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys,
Unsure if this has been done before but would love to see a list of the worst local footy jumpers knocking aroind footy comps! For me, Cora Lynn in the west gippsland is shocking
This one in the early 2000s was worst.

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_185640.jpg
    IMG_20200819_185640.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 337
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
The jumper of the EFL's Glen Waverly Hawks in 2012 (left). Not exactly sure of the story behind it, there doesn't seem to be talk of any merger on their website so I really have no clue why it was like this. Thankfully they rebranded the club a few years ago so now they have a much more refined look (right).
1597836197923.png
1597836406283.png

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
The jumper of the EFL's Glen Waverly Hawks in 2012 (left). Not exactly sure of the story behind it, there doesn't seem to be talk of any merger on their website so I really have no clue why it was like this. Thankfully they rebranded the club a few years ago so now they have a much more refined look (right).
View attachment 940148 View attachment 940152

Yeah it was a shocker. IIRC... they were always a junior club who wore the Hawthorn jumper, and I think when they were admitted as a senior club it was on the condition that they add or change colours because of the other brown and gold Hawks around (Boronia, Rowville). They came up with the addition of blue but wanted to maintain a nod to their history as a junior club so decided on the design of a blue jumper being torn away with the old brown and gold stripes underneath. Think it was just a case of an ok idea that just would never work in practice. Not sure if it was only ever meant to be temporary but in any case, they switched to the much better blue and gold.

Here it is in action, ironically causing a pretty bad clash against a blue and gold Heathmont. The back has the blue as the lower half, with a brown number panel and white numbers.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Yeah it was a shocker. IIRC... they were always a junior club who wore the Hawthorn jumper, and I think when they were admitted as a senior club it was on the condition that they add or change colours because of the other brown and gold Hawks around (Boronia, Rowville). They came up with the addition of blue but wanted to maintain a nod to their history as a junior club so decided on the design of a blue jumper being torn away with the old brown and gold stripes underneath. Think it was just a case of an ok idea that just would never work in practice. Not sure if it was only ever meant to be temporary but in any case, they switched to the much better blue and gold.

Here it is in action, ironically causing a pretty bad clash against a blue and gold Heathmont. The back has the blue as the lower half, with a brown number panel and white numbers.

Ah interesting, I remember seeing that video somewhere and was trying to find it but it looks like you have.

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
I always thought Melton's looked half-arsed. Not terrible, just confused.
View attachment 940062
I actually didn't mind this jumper when they used to rock it. Even these days it would look pretty decent as an away strip. But to be fair when they returned to their classic jumper it was a move for the better.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Lalor’s old jumper had white wings and a mainly red strip with their logo in the middle
18DAE0B0-7774-4193-A743-AF44F1C2D451.jpeg

Back