worst of the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for wasting you're time tugga,I was just bored and doing someone else's thread made me think about it.no need to be a dick I'll see myself out of bigfooty cheers for the feedback.

Nah man its a good thread.... Good to discuss some of the non heroes. In the end all these blokes all played more games than I ever did haha

Jesus, Taylor Hunt isn't amazing, but "worst of the worst"? I don't think so, not even close! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Also blokes like Angus Graham and Trent Knobel are nowhere NEAR as bad as Tom Derickx.

Derickx has the "worst ruckman who's ever played for Richmond" award absolutely sown up, surely.

And if you don't believe me, watch his most memorable stuff up (and quite frankly, no joke, probably the worst thing an RFC player has ever done on a football field in our entire history).

His 2nd effort here makes Angus Graham look like Todd Goldstein.

Thankfully he never played a senior game for us again after this match.

Jesus, Taylor Hunt isn't amazing, but "worst of the worst"? I don't think so, not even close! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Also blokes like Angus Graham and Trent Knobel are nowhere NEAR as bad as Tom Derickx.

Derickx has the "worst ruckman who's ever played for Richmond" award absolutely sown up, surely.

And if you don't believe me, watch his most memorable stuff up (and quite frankly, no joke, probably the worst thing an RFC player has ever done on a football field in our entire history).

I made a 10 game minum to qualify

Sorry just had a tiff with the missus I was being a bit dramatic there but I do stand by the fact tugga was being a dick;-)
I'm always a dick. But not nearly as much as Groupie_

Bucks per game played nobody beats Yarran. Massive utensil up.

At least Yarran didn't have a negative on-field impact, sure he cost us money and a list spot for 2 years, which sucks, but he didn't actively cost us games of football like Tom Derickx did.

Put Yarran 2nd if you want, but Tom Derickx is the overall #1 spud we've ever had on our list, FACT. :mad::'(

At least Yarran didn't have a negative on-field impact, sure he cost us money and a list spot for 2 years, which sucks, but he didn't actively cost us games of football like Tom Derickx did.

Put Yarran 2nd if you want, but Tom Derickx is the overall #1 spud we've ever had on our list, FACT. :mad::'(
What a load of crock. When you pay big bucks and give up picks for a bloke you need him on the park performing. Bo cost us games ???? We were rubbish back then Bo or no Bo.He hardly played for us and he was a rookie . The same or more damning argument can be used against Yarran bc he couldn't get on the park .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of crock. When you pay big bucks and give up picks for a bloke you need him on the park performing. Bo cost us games ???? We were rubbish back then Bo or no Bo.He hardly played for us and he was a rookie . The same or more damning argument can be used against Yarran bc he couldn't get on the park .

I was under the impression that we were talking about the worst of the worst in terms of spud players. Yarran to me doesn't qualify as a "spud", just a troubled talent that we couldn't get going due to personal issues.

I'm not saying Yarran wasn't a mistake, because obviously in hindsight picking him up was. And it cost us a fair bit of money and a couple of decent draft picks.

But Tom Derickx man... he was a truly, truly awful footballer. Couldn't get a game ahead of Angus Graham and Andrew Browne ffs!

And when he did get a rare game... he was completely and utterly awful in every single way imaginable.

I was under the impression that we were talking about the worst of the worst in terms of spud players. Yarran to me doesn't qualify as a "spud", just a troubled talent that we couldn't get going due to personal issues.

I'm not saying Yarran wasn't a mistake, because obviously in hindsight picking him up was. And it cost us a fair bit of money and a couple of decent draft picks.

But Tom Derickx man... he was a truly, truly awful footballer. Couldn't get a game ahead of Angus Graham and Andrew Browne ffs!

And when he did get a rare game... he was completely and utterly awful in every single way imaginable.
You just raised another issue Browneye and Gus alongside Bo.
Add the miscalculated trades like Yarran and Hampson for early picks and there lies the problem why we capitulated to 13th so quickly. I'm not so concerned about cheap picks so much as long as they don't hang around like Hunt and Grigg types, but screwing up on trades for an expensive player hurts us more in the long run. There is no excuse for not nailing a big name trade in comparison to rookie picks.

You just raised another issue Browneye and Gus alongside Bo.
Add the miscalculated trades like Yarran and Hampson for early picks and there lies the problem why we capitulated to 13th so quickly. I'm not so concerned about cheap picks so much as long as they don't hang around like Hunt and Grigg types, but screwing up on trades for an expensive player hurts us more in the long run. There is no excuse for not nailing a big name trade in comparison to rookie picks.

I agree with you, we need to nail our top picks, or invest them in established talent that will perform for us and not be a waste like Yarran was.

But again, this thread is the "worst of the worst" in terms of the spuds that we've had on the list, and Yarran wasn't a spud in the definition that I use. He was a poor investment that we should have done more due diligence on, but he was still a talented player.

If the thread is "worst investments in players that RFC has made", Yarran would definitely be on the list due to how the situation has panned out. But if the list is "worst of the worst players", Yarran's not on there for mine, because he's still a naturally gifted and talented footballer.

Tom Derickx is none of those things, and it's an embarrassment that he was ever on our list. Even if it only cost us a rookie pick, he was just an awful footballer.

Yarran had talent to burn, in a cruel twist of fate RFC got burnt by his 'bigger than football' problems.

no matter which way you slice it, it was a spectacular failure if i were inclined to be harsh towards the RFC but i disagree that Yarran the player even comes into the discussion of the worst players to pull on our jumper (and before anyone says otherwise, he didn't pull on our jumper figuratively or literally or however else you want to specify it)

Still burns me that. Can't believe that last 5 mins. Only the pies game last year makes more sick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back