worst opp change rooms in the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

majicjman

Senior List
Sep 27, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I had the miss fortune to go to west preston the other week to see my nephew play in the under 12s and i can not belive how small and dirty the change rooms were how do seniors fit in there? as it was growded with 22 under 12 s little lone grown men

I had the miss fortune to go to west preston the other week to see my nephew play in the under 12s and i can not belive how small and dirty the change rooms were how do seniors fit in there? as it was growded with 22 under 12 s little lone grown men

Without a doubt West Preston are the worst. For any club to have opposing rooms like that is embarassing, but for a Div 1 club it's disgraceful.

It shows lack of resopect to the league and their opposition. Opposing teams don't expect luxuries to be provided, but adequate space and basic facilities should be a minimum.

Think you need to look at the forest not just the tree in front of you guys... Mr.Mills is one of the best operators in metro local footy, west preston are a great platform for clubs to model themselves on for success and they have (after years of trying) just had some upgrades to the club rooms which were well and truely overdue... Blaming the club for poor facilities is like blaming nurses for not having enough beds in a hospital... I think if you want a real perspective of where the worst facilities are look at the council boundaries... You'll find darebin sports has been a little negleticed but... With surrounding councils having higher rate payers AND Whittlesea selling land at rapid speed from Epping to dorreen withs rates coming in even faster it might highlight why certian councils can have the luxuary of assisting development while darebin find it harder to support community projects and upgrades. Think about the majority of the council buildings in that area, not just footy - they are in major need of improvement. Seriously, having a go at the club and it voluteers is just an uneducated cheap shot.

Think you need to look at the forest not just the tree in front of you guys... Mr.Mills is one of the best operators in metro local footy, west preston are a great platform for clubs to model themselves on for success and they have (after years of trying) just had some upgrades to the club rooms which were well and truely overdue... Blaming the club for poor facilities is like blaming nurses for not having enough beds in a hospital... I think if you want a real perspective of where the worst facilities are look at the council boundaries... You'll find darebin sports has been a little negleticed but... With surrounding councils having higher rate payers AND Whittlesea selling land at rapid speed from Epping to dorreen withs rates coming in even faster it might highlight why certian councils can have the luxuary of assisting development while darebin find it harder to support community projects and upgrades. Think about the majority of the council buildings in that area, not just footy - they are in major need of improvement. Seriously, having a go at the club and it voluteers is just an uneducated cheap shot.

I think having a little crack is not uneducated when in the past, said club has provided more than adequate facilities for opposing teams in their own main pavillion but chose to banish the visitors to well below par facilities. I say so because I have played for and against West Preston for the past 15 years. This was a choice by someone, as facilities were available at one time prior to the public toilet dump currently in use. You may see it as a cheap shot, I see it as looking after the welfare of players who need adequate preparation facilities and hopefully bringing this competition greater level of professionalism and respect from the inside and outside perception.

spots support i am not having a cheap shot but you state and i quote " just had some upgrades to the club rooms which were well and truely overdue"this may fantastic for the home team good on them for getting this done but to over look your responabilties to the opposition teams and expect them to use the such small and cramped rooms is just disrespectful

After watching Mernda play at home in the practice matches, by far their away rooms, but their home rooms would have to be the worst home rooms also

As much as the portables are pretty ordinary, the last place we had visitors rooms was worse, the old Tennis Pavillion, and also Mernda didn't get one cent of outside money for what they have now (they had to add onto the pavillion, which was originally the Station Master's Hut at the Mernda Railway Station), so they had to scrape around to get something half decent, compared to the other clubs in the Shire of Whittlesea.

Mernda looks like moving to a new facility on the other side of Plenty Road (similar to what South Morang has at Mill Park Lakes, but with soccer pitches, tennis courts, lawn bowls greens, an amphitheatre, walking paths, the whole works), so it doesn't make sense to build something when all the Mernda clubs look like moving in a few years.

So, it could go from one of the worst to one of the best, god willing ;).

spots support i am not having a cheap shot but you state and i quote " just had some upgrades to the club rooms which were well and truely overdue"this may fantastic for the home team good on them for getting this done but to over look your responabilties to the opposition teams and expect them to use the such small and cramped rooms is just disrespectful

Capital works are a little different to a lick of paint and some internal works... If you've tried to get funding or approval from a council you wouldn't bother with this argument or call volunteers disrespectful. I know the guys at West have been knocking on that door for some time now, Darebin are notoriously tricky to deal with. You can't just build rooms when you are a tenant of the council, there are quite a few hoops to jump through bud.

Capital works are a little different to a lick of paint and some internal works... If you've tried to get funding or approval from a council you wouldn't bother with this argument or call volunteers disrespectful. I know the guys at West have been knocking on that door for some time now, Darebin are notoriously tricky to deal with. You can't just build rooms when you are a tenant of the council, there are quite a few hoops to jump through bud.

Be that as it may, would you know if it was the Council's decision to move the away team from inside the main pavillion to the current, derelict location? If so, the council have a lot to answer for. If not, then West Preston deserves soem criticism, because as small as the may have been, the old visiting rooms were a damn sight better than the current ones!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sports support i agree the council is tricky to deal with BUT there are other avenues VCAT the local member of parliment Preston area (Robin Scott MP) today tonight, current affairs raise hell over the poor state of the rooms were there is a will there is a way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back