Worst Performance in AFL history.

Is WCE loss to Hawthorn this round the worst performance in modern AFL history

• Yes

Votes: 75 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 35.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne have had a few shockers over the years, some worse than todays effort.

Having said that if West Coast get a Top 4 side on a good day it could give it a nudge.
Collingwood in 2 weeks

If we can run in waves untouched from one end to the other like we did today, I fear what Collingwood will do to them

Yes. You should get one after we get ours. So Eagles pick 1 and 3 North pick 2 and 4. Then Hawks get pick 5 and go from there.
Shake Hands Friends GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really count 1979 pies. Prelim the previous year. Just had a slow start. Also round 4 is too early and isn't an indication of the bottom side.. this year is a perfect example with the cats at the bottom after Rd 3

Melbourne v Essendon was a shocker in early 2013. Saturday night TV, 2-3rd game for the new boss Neeld, lose by 148 points

Indeed, Melbourne could make a whole list by itself. Losing to Sydney in 1993 was a shocker, losing to record margins against Geelong(2000's) and Fitzroy(1978), and getting beaten by GWS/GCS very badly in 2013/14. I am sure Melbourne fans could easily expand on this.

There's some genuine shockers from Melbourne 2011-13, Port 2011/12, Brisbane 2016, Carlton over the last 20 years for example; but getting thrashed by a side that had hitherto only won one game this year in Rd 10 is something special.

Couldn't be far off.

I've said a few times, I have no idea how Simpson still has a job.

It's escaped a lot of people in the east because there's not much coverage of them. They're totally uncompetitive. Worse than North.
Um no coach would be able to do much with a team with that many injuries. Simmo may not be the right coach for them right now but this situation would be very difficult for any coach.

I'm going to state that I consider the AFL to have become a fully professional organisation for teams in 2000.

The Eagles have just lost to a team that was 18th on the ladder with a % of 60 by 116 points. I have seen the lows of Carlton, Essendon, GWS, GC, Freo, Richmond and even teams like Melbourne go the deliberate tank.

There was no tanking by WCE today which is all the more damning. I am trying to reconcile this. This in my mind is the single worst performance put in by a team in AFL history by West Coast.

How do you consider Ports GF loss to Geelong?

Swans GF loss to the Cats?

Both absolute floggings on the biggest stage and a total shock.

Was anyone shocked by today's result? Really.

Yes it was bad.

Not acceptable etc.

But it wasn't a surprise was it?

People getting overly emotional here.

Harsh topic. What, in the end, do performances like these express beyond a very unhappy player group?

My beloved Cats ending Bailey's career comes to mind. 186 points.

Sometimes it's easier to live in the cushioned atmosphere of Perth, methinks. My sense of the place is that they're always a bit "cushioned". So when things get tough, they fall apart.

They won the flag in 2018; no sympathy here.

Back