Worst player you've ever seen?

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Someone has to slot in to our fragile top order

With Bancroft, both the Marshes and Stoinis (+ Phillipe) likely available for most the year I would expect some more improvement. Am very bullish on Jake Carder too. For a batsman of Cartwright's ability and technique surely can't be struggling as much as he has either for much longer.

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
I remember West Indian Rajendra Chandrika struggling in the tests he played. I thought he played awfully in the series in Australia, but it turns out he averaged 32 in that series.

He most certainly was not impressive though, with a career average of 14.

Last edited:

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I remember West Indian Rajendra Chandrika struggling in the tests he played. I thought he played awfully in the series in Australia, but it turns out he averaged 32.

He most certainly was not impressive though.
His average from five tests is 14 so you may have mixed up stats somewhere

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I remember West Indian Rajendra Chandrika struggling in the tests he played. I thought he played awfully in the series in Australia, but it turns out he averaged 32 in that series.

He most certainly was not impressive though, with a career average of 14.

Hopeless player. Got in on one first class hundred and an average of 25 at the time

Having watched a number of Afghanistan matches in this World Cup to see players like Mujeeb and Rashid... Gulbadin Naib has to be right up there.

Terrible player with the bat and ball. Most of his wickets have come from players trying to slog his trash out of the park.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Having watched a number of Afghanistan matches in this World Cup to see players like Mujeeb and Rashid... Gulbadin Naib has to be right up there.

Terrible player with the bat and ball. Most of his wickets have come from players trying to slog his trash out of the park.
Captian Gulbadin Naib

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Used to wonder how he could be so poor in tests yet such a beast (& pretty consistently) in ODI's & T20I's. Technique was never pretty but it's not like a white ball doesn't swing in the early overs of ODI's in NZ.

But yeah that was one of the most horrendous form lines for a batsman throughout a world cup I can ever recall. While unlikely could well still have a final to play in too!

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Used to wonder how he could be so poor in tests yet such a beast (& pretty consistently) in ODI's & T20I's. Technique was never pretty but it's not like a white ball doesn't swing in the early overs of ODI's in NZ.

But yeah that was one of the most horrendous form lines for a batsman throughout a world cup I can ever recall. While unlikely could well still have a final to play in too!

Might not be able to bat, but thank goodness he can field!

Back