Politics Worst politician ever - Nominations open

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
I think everyone can agree that politics has fallen a long way in the last decade or so.

The 24hr news cycle has attracted people less interested in improving things and more interested in the limelight.

There are still some very noble politicians on both sides but they have been drowned out by those just seeking the limelight.

This poll is not limited to any particular era, country, state etc.

Just post your selection 5 to 1. 5 being the worst 1 being the least worst of your choices.

Feel free to elaborate on your choices if you desire.

5. Kamala Harris (US)
4. Dianne Abbott (UK)
3. Jeremy Corbyn (UK)
2. John Hewson (Aus)
1. Kevin Rudd (Aus)

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
1. Sam Dastyari
2. Kevin Rudd
3. Malcolm Turnbull
4. Bill Shorten
5. Michaela Cash

I was out of country for Turnbull but from what I've read he had one of the worst political compasses around

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Dianne Abbott (UK) right up there for mine based on what I've seen.
Kevin Rudd.....promised so much but delivered so little.

And destroyed his own party. The whiteanting he did during the 2010 election campaign is the reason why we have the government we have now.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Oh I forgot this guy.

With the countless atrocities committed by politicians in the past 10 years worldwide, I can't even imagine what you think Rudd did to put him in the top 5 worst

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
You know, Adolf Hitler was the head of a government which killed 2/3rds of the jewish population, Stalin put people in death camps, the Khmer Rouge killed millions

But nah, Joe Biden is sleepy, Kevin Rudd had a temper and yelled at people, Trump says mean dumb things and Clinton knows average businessmen, Morrison has a coal fetish.

OP and most the people who have posted here have their heads so ******* far up their asses and the 24 hour news cycle has them thinking like ******* idiots. just 30 years ago you had Pinochet still throwing people out of helicopters in Chilie

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
5. Adolf Hitler (Germany)
A good politician should strive to leave his/her country better off than when they were elected.
I can't think of another politician in history responsible for so much death and destruction to not only their own people, but to the world.

4. Joseph Stalin (USSR)
A good politician should strive to improve the lives of the people they represent. Anywhere from 6 to 9 million citizens of the USSR died as a direct result of Joseph Stalin.

3. Xi Jinping (China)
I think Xi is leading China down a very dangerous path for the average Chinese citizen. Simply crushing dissent the way that he is doing indicates he is just going to do whatever he wants

2. Mohamed Suharto (Indonesia)
It's estimated Suharto embezzled between US$15 - 35 bn.
He holds the awful record of most corrupt politician in history.

1. Donald Trump
Donald currently sits at number two as worst US President in history behind Warren Harding. Given that Trump's presidency was marked by a lack of leadership during the Covid 19 crisis, as tainting the Office of the US President with his campaign to overturn official election results and his general incompetence surely he must very soon take the mantle of worst US President in history. For this, he makes my list.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australian recent memory edition?

1-Joh Bjelke-Petersen
2-Clive Palmer
3-Brian Burke
4-Wilson Tuckey (Special hatred for this man, Imagine beating a kid with an iron bar while he's held down and being labeled as some sort of hard man)_
5-Eddie Obeid

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Australian recent memory edition?

1-Joh Bjelke-Petersen
2-Clive Palmer
3-Brian Burke
4-Wilson Tuckey (Special hatred for this man, Imagine beating a kid with an iron bar while he's held down and being labeled as some sort of hard man)_
5-Eddie Obeid
I find myself in the uncomfortable position of defending Clive Palmer.....but: Burke and Obied went to gaol, check; Bjelke-Petersen no verdict on perjury charges, was lucky, probably should have gone to goal, check; Tuckey, don't know much about it but OK, check. Palmer, yes intensely annoying but surely not in the same class as a politician?

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I find myself in the uncomfortable position of defending Clive Palmer.....but: Burke and Obied went to gaol, check; Bjelke-Petersen no verdict on perjury charges, was lucky, probably should have gone to goal, check; Tuckey, don't know much about it but OK, check. Palmer, yes intensely annoying but surely not in the same class as a politician?
Clive Palmer was a politician and is a full time clown. His call of attacking the lease of a Darwin port from the government may have some merit, However if hes going to lease his own port/airport in northwest WA to line his own pockets to then fund an advertising campaign about the labor "Planning to lease assets to the communist chinese party" is shithouse. He attacks them publicly however China is his bread and butter. Hes not in it to help anyone but himself. He can

Never forget the sack of s**t basically slept in office during meetings on one hand, then the other uses his own money to claim he fights for the common Australian,

Back