Politics Worst politician ever - Nominations open

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Weird thread.

Kevin Rudd, Dianne Abbott and Kamala Harris are worse than Franco, Salazar, Park, Pinochet, Batista, Trujillo, Duvalier, Fujimori?

Any reason why this list only singles out leaders from Latin America? Pretty much the whole world (particularly in Africa and Middle and parts of Asia, and Europe is not exempt with the psychopaths that ruled the biggest European powers not long ago) has had leaders just as bad if not arguably worse. It's just odd is all, it makes it seems like the rest of world is pure utopia by comparison when that is not even remotely close to the truth.

Mao, the current Chinese Communist Party, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Duterte, etc.., the theocrats (too many to count) that rule the Middle East with impunity from time immemorial and just about every African leader since independence from European countries I would say are and have been much worse than any dictator from Latin America.

Focusing purely on Western countries in recent years I'd say:

Trump: an absolute moron that stoked the flames of racial bigotry among the redneck filth who blame their personal failures on everyone else (especially those they deem to be lesser than themselves) but themselves.

Daniel Andrews: Useless self absorbed political animal whose only specialty is in devoting himself fully into analyzing what he needs to do to garner votes to win elections. Anything else he is a complete an utter failure in.

Last edited:

Melvin

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
5. Adolf Hitler (Germany)
A good politician should strive to leave his/her country better off than when they were elected.
I can't think of another politician in history responsible for so much death and destruction to not only their own people, but to the world.

4. Joseph Stalin (USSR)
A good politician should strive to improve the lives of the people they represent. Anywhere from 6 to 9 million citizens of the USSR died as a direct result of Joseph Stalin.

3. Xi Jinping (China)
I think Xi is leading China down a very dangerous path for the average Chinese citizen. Simply crushing dissent the way that he is doing indicates he is just going to do whatever he wants

2. Mohamed Suharto (Indonesia)
It's estimated Suharto embezzled between US$15 - 35 bn.
He holds the awful record of most corrupt politician in history.

1. Donald Trump
Donald currently sits at number two as worst US President in history behind Warren Harding. Given that Trump's presidency was marked by a lack of leadership during the Covid 19 crisis, as tainting the Office of the US President with his campaign to overturn official election results and his general incompetence surely he must very soon take the mantle of worst US President in history. For this, he makes my list.

How can Trump be the worst politician ever while also being the second worst US president in history???

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Any reason why this list only singles out leaders from Latin America? Pretty much the whole world (particularly in Africa and Middle and parts of Asia, and Europe is not exempt with the psychopaths that ruled the biggest European powers not long ago) has had leaders just as bad if not arguably worse. It's just odd is all, it makes it seems like the rest of world is pure utopia by comparison when that is not even remotely close to the truth.

Mao, the current Chinese Communist Party, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Duterte, etc.., the theocrats (too many to count) that rule the Middle East with impunity from time immemorial and just about every African leader since independence from European countries I would say are and have been much worse than any dictator from Latin America.

Franco, Salazar and Park aren't from Latin America. I only pointed out people who hadn't been named at that point in the thread: Hitler, Mao, Stalin and Xi had been (I think it's absurd to tie Xi in with those three also but just saying). Pol Pot could have been listed, yes, ditto many Middle Eastern theocrats and African dictators, and agreed that Duterte is a psycho. So no real reason why Latin America leaders are dominant on the list I gave, no, except it's a region I'm more au fait with than, say, Africa.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I think everyone can agree that politics has fallen a long way in the last decade or so.

The 24hr news cycle has attracted people less interested in improving things and more interested in the limelight.

There are still some very noble politicians on both sides but they have been drowned out by those just seeking the limelight.

This poll is not limited to any particular era, country, state etc.

Just post your selection 5 to 1. 5 being the worst 1 being the least worst of your choices.

Feel free to elaborate on your choices if you desire.

5. Kamala Harris (US)
4. Dianne Abbott (UK)
3. Jeremy Corbyn (UK)
2. John Hewson (Aus)
1. Kevin Rudd (Aus)

5. Adolf Hitler (Germany)
A good politician should strive to leave his/her country better off than when they were elected.
I can't think of another politician in history responsible for so much death and destruction to not only their own people, but to the world.

4. Joseph Stalin (USSR)
A good politician should strive to improve the lives of the people they represent. Anywhere from 6 to 9 million citizens of the USSR died as a direct result of Joseph Stalin.

3. Xi Jinping (China)
I think Xi is leading China down a very dangerous path for the average Chinese citizen. Simply crushing dissent the way that he is doing indicates he is just going to do whatever he wants

2. Mohamed Suharto (Indonesia)
It's estimated Suharto embezzled between US$15 - 35 bn.
He holds the awful record of most corrupt politician in history.

1. Donald Trump
Donald currently sits at number two as worst US President in history behind Warren Harding. Given that Trump's presidency was marked by a lack of leadership during the Covid 19 crisis, as tainting the Office of the US President with his campaign to overturn official election results and his general incompetence surely he must very soon take the mantle of worst US President in history. For this, he makes my list.

mao should be number one. they really need to do a good mini series on the great leap foward.

its the lowest government incomptence ever fell.

Going to throw up an underrated shocker, President Obiang of Equatorial Guinea.

Been president since 1979 [which says a lot about the 'elections'] and both he and state media have declared him a god/deity. Considered by many observers as Africa's worst modern dictator.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Been president since 1979 [which says a lot about the 'elections'] and both he and state media have declared him a god/deity. Considered by many observers as Africa's worst modern dictator.
I thought that was Barack Obama

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry, I can’t see how Mao is worse than Hitler, Stalin and Trump?
really?

he purged just as stalin did during the culturual revolution and he created the greatest famine in history through the great leap foward as a result of disincentivising agriculture production through idiotic policy that everyone knew was idiotic at the time. It was only implemented by officials because of the reign of terror he brought down on them which forced complete compliance. he allowed all the farmers to die of hunger stripping them of the Food they grew for the elites in the cities. killed more people then stalin and hitler and they were all his own people. 1-3 million purged during the cultural revolution and 20-55 million killed by maos famine and the murders that were carried out during that time.

the horror stories written about those farmers last months as they slowly died makes the gas chambers look like relief. They were eating dirt, drinking urine and eating their dead relatives. Those dying of starvation that tried to hide some of the grain that they grew themselves were given horrible tortuous deaths such as being flayed alive. It really is the lowest humanity sunk.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2014
Wherever I leave my hat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You know, Adolf Hitler was the head of a government which killed 2/3rds of the jewish population, Stalin put people in death camps, the Khmer Rouge killed millions

But nah, Joe Biden is sleepy, Kevin Rudd had a temper and yelled at people, Trump says mean dumb things and Clinton knows average businessmen, Morrison has a coal fetish.

OP and most the people who have posted here have their heads so ******* far up their asses and the 24 hour news cycle has them thinking like ******* idiots. just 30 years ago you had Pinochet still throwing people out of helicopters in Chilie
Your points are well made, though to be fair to some who have posted here, the thread parameters are vague. Hitler was actually a very good politician (in that he got people to willing do what he wanted) who did very bad things. Stalin maybe not… he just killed anyone who opposed him… and their friends …. and their families …and anyone who looked at him wrong…. which I suppose did get people to do what he wanted.

The worst politicians get nowhere… which is why I agree with Retzlaff . Sometimes the truest things are said in jest.

Mal Meninga

Here is a good list of Bad guys:

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Your points are well made, though to be fair to some who have posted here, the thread parameters are vague. Hitler was actually a very good politician (in that he got people to willing do what he wanted) who did very bad things. Stalin maybe not… he just killed anyone who opposed him… and their friends and families and … which I suppose did get people to do what he wanted.
Yeah hitler killed people to get power too. It was smart of hitler to get into a position where he could kill his fellow politicians though i suppose.

Mugabe turned the food basket of Africa in to a basket case inside a generation which is a pretty fair effort.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry, I can’t see how Mao is worse than Hitler, Stalin and Trump?

Even the CCP admitted he was responsible for tens of millions of deaths and I don't think Hitler or Stalin were paedophiles like Mao.

And of course unlike Stalin who had his people fight the Nazis, Mao cowered in the hills protecting his armies to seize power after the war and let the Nationalists wear themselves out defending China so Mao was really a murderous, cowardly, treacherous pedophile.
On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
If we are talking Australian politicians, then there is or has been no worse than the Hands on Faith Healer.
He wins hands down... day light third.
Never has one of Australias Federal Governments seemed maybe are, so corrupt.And he leads them.

Back