Politics Worst politician ever - Nominations open

Remove this Banner Ad

Naturally think if the OP made it clear that maniacal dictators that have committed war crimes, regicide etc should be excluded. Worst politicians from the rest of the bunch.

If the parameter was perception v reality then I'd contend Richard Marles be a contender.
Considered a rising star in the ALP ranks, performs well in Canberra. Done 3/5 of SFA for his electorate. Corio needs to be less safe for ALP/LNP to actually give a s**t about it. Sad to see half the city I live in be so mismanaged and cared for.

How is morrison worse? Have we forgotton how nuts abbott was? Abbott was more trumpian then morrison. Morrison is just an idiot But he aint extreme right like abbott.
Abbott was just a run of the mill nasty mick, we've all met one of them. Scott's rentagospel faith is a whole different kettle of fish and far closer to the extremes of that other religion which he thought stirring up hatred against might have some electoral value.

Abbott was just a run of the mill nasty mick, we've all met one of them. Scott's rentagospel faith is a whole different kettle of fish and far closer to the extremes of that other religion which he thought stirring up hatred against might have some electoral value.
abbott trained to become a priest. He is more religious nutter then morrison. abbot fought tooth and nail against climate change and same sex marriage. He used gutter trumpian poltics to oust gillard. Morrison is about to join up to the net zero climate goal and only the nationals are in his way. Morrison has stood against the churches on their vaccine stance. Abbott bought the churches back into schools and would of been fully on their side regarding vaccines.

the reason morrison replaced turnball was because he wasnt as hard right as dutton and abbott. have we all forgotton this? He was seen as in the middle between the moderate and hard right faction.

How is morrison worse? Have we forgotton how nuts abbott was? Abbott was more trumpian then morrison. Morrison is just an idiot But he aint extreme right like abbott.
He is screwing the country far worse than what Abbot did.
Remember that he was responsible for the Ruby Princess passengers being allowed to run free all over Australia.
He left Australia when the country was burning.
His Government is running riot with pork barrelling.
He is never found when the pressure is on.Ohhh unless there is a photo opportunity. And only then if he doesn't have to answer questions.
he was responsible for the lack of Vaccines early, when he should have been on the front foot.
He never takes responsibility for any thing, never.
Not far Right!!!!! I seriously doubt that. He basically back Palmer, Kelly. Why has he not sacked some Right wing deliverers of fake news!!
He has been backed by the far right peril Clive Palmer.If not for him, he would be a member of the opposition.
He is looked after by the far right news media. Backed to the hilt.
Nahhh he is not far right.
Though I despise Abbott , at least he was up front.He stood by his own thoughts As crazy as they were/are.
Nah Morrison by a country mile.

Naturally think if the OP made it clear that maniacal dictators that have committed war crimes, regicide etc should be excluded. Worst politicians from the rest of the bunch.

If the parameter was perception v reality then I'd contend Richard Marles be a contender.
Considered a rising star in the ALP ranks, performs well in Canberra. Done 3/5 of SFA for his electorate. Corio needs to be less safe for ALP/LNP to actually give a sh*t about it. Sad to see half the city I live in be so mismanaged and cared for.
He is a pretty useless local member (not as bad as Lisa Neville who rivals SHY for dumbest pollie), supposedly Shadow Minister for Defence but didn't raise a word as Defence shifted hundreds of jobs away from the region to Canberra and Geelong missed out on contracts for Defence products that ended up in Qld.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is a pretty useless local member (not as bad as Lisa Neville who rivals SHY for dumbest pollie), supposedly Shadow Minister for Defence but didn't raise a word as Defence shifted hundreds of jobs away from the region to Canberra and Geelong missed out on contracts for Defence products that ended up in Qld.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Funny you mention Neville, his former wife. Birds of a feather...

Could go on but short story is all the jobs that have been brought here and spruiked as 'jobs for Geelong' after Ford and its local ecosystem shut haven't at all benefited the group who lost their jobs. The contract for defence products would have suited for Ford manufacturing workers far more than NDIS, TAC and Worksafe...

unemployment, long term unemployment, youth unemployment all higher in his constituency than elsewhere. Not many targeted TAFE courses or suitable projects being funnelled down this way. The public schools that side of town are under-funded. Not much of a private school presence. Kids leaving school have so many choices and prospects.. :rolleyesv1:

This isn't an ALP or LNP rant. Both are at fault. Neither bother with the area as one safely holds the seat and the other doesn't bother to try and win it.

He is screwing the country far worse than what Abbot did.
Remember that he was responsible for the Ruby Princess passengers being allowed to run free all over Australia.
He left Australia when the country was burning.
His Government is running riot with pork barrelling.
He is never found when the pressure is on.Ohhh unless there is a photo opportunity. And only then if he doesn't have to answer questions.
he was responsible for the lack of Vaccines early, when he should have been on the front foot.
He never takes responsibility for any thing, never.
Not far Right!!!!! I seriously doubt that. He basically back Palmer, Kelly. Why has he not sacked some Right wing deliverers of fake news!!
He has been backed by the far right peril Clive Palmer.If not for him, he would be a member of the opposition.
He is looked after by the far right news media. Backed to the hilt.
Nahhh he is not far right.
Though I despise Abbott , at least he was up front.He stood by his own thoughts As crazy as they were/are.
Nah Morrison by a country mile.
We never saw abbott during a pandemic. Abbott suddenly doesnt become better cos he didnt have an external crisis to deal with.

and you can argue abbott has set out country back 10 years on climate. We would probably be world leaders and never got rid of the carbon price if it wasnt for his alt right hate campaign against it. It only gained traction cos of abbott.

We never saw abbott during a pandemic. Abbott suddenly doesnt become better cos he didnt have an external crisis to deal with.

and you can argue abbott has set out country back 10 years on climate. We would probably be world leaders and never got rid of the carbon price if it wasnt for his alt right hate campaign against it. It only gained traction cos of abbott.
Never said it made him better. But he was a dill, and still is. Never made himself out to be intelligent, in fact the opposite.
Never makes himself out to care, because he didn't.
Morrison on the other hand makes out he cares for all and sundry. He cares about himself. "Where is the next photo opportunity!!!"
He slunk out out of the country when we were burning. A dog act. A dingo act. trying to make out he cared by forcing hand shakes from victims of the fires.
Nahhh Hands on Faith Healer by the length of the straight.

Last edited:
Trump
Bush Jr
Morrison
Palmer/Kelly
And having lived in Korea before, Park Gun Hye. Absolute nutjob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbott was an a-grade barsteward , whether he was Credlins puppet or they were just both as deluded as each other I don't know. His sidekick Joe Hockey crapping on about how Asian families look after their old people and don't need state support and then the campaigner ended up bludging off the taxpayer as US ambassador for four years. Ideologically that government was the worst and most right wing , some of the policies were right wing even by u.s standards.
Dutton would have gone down the same path and the Libs knew it thus Morrison got promoted. Morrison has been evasive and incompetent but they haven't dared tried workchoices or full fee uni courses again.
Abbott by far was the worst out of those two.

I could write a novel on s##t politicians , one that stands out was the conservative MP where I used to live in u.k was one of the safest seats in UK. Winston Spencer Churchill grandson of the main man. Was a complete waste of space and his family sold a heap of grandad's papers funded by lotteries money for 12.5 million pounds !
Epitome of born to rule self entitled s#$t...used to make my skin crawl.

leaders I've lived under personally (in terms of damage done, not political adeptness)

3. Morrison
2. Howard post 2000
1. Trump

Are tje standouts. I dont include Abbott as although he was evil, his detachment rendered him a harmless joke for the most part.

The worst politicians I've seen in terms of adeptness:

5. Downer
4. Shorten
3. Abbott
2. Crean
1. Clinton

Australian recent memory edition?

1-Joh Bjelke-Petersen
2-Clive Palmer
3-Brian Burke
4-Wilson Tuckey (Special hatred for this man, Imagine beating a kid with an iron bar while he's held down and being labeled as some sort of hard man)_
5-Eddie Obeid

When doing an Australian list, if you do not have Joh at #1 then you really don't know much about Australian political history.

mao should be number one. they really need to do a good mini series on the great leap foward.

its the lowest government incomptence ever fell.

I read Hans Rosling's "Factfulness" this year. It includes a chart of wold population in the 20th century.

Aside from the obvious dips for world wars, there is one in the 60s I think (?). Chinese famine that the rest of the world only recently learned about.

Thing was, all the government outposts, having not enough food to give out to the people, actually withheld and returned some of it to the central government, in an effort to lie to themselves and the Party that everything was a-ok and that they had a surplus.

Then there's the execution quotas, etc.

For Australia in my lifetime:
Biggest criminal - Neville Wran, Joh Bjelke-Petersen (simply for how many decades, not for total $$$ - that goes to Eddie Obeid and family), Phuong Ngo
Worst human being - Bob Collins and Milton Orkopoulos
Most ineffective PM - Malcolm Turnbull
Most for sale - Al Grassby
Worst election campaign - John Hewson
Biggest nutjob - Bob Katter
Most stupid - Pauline Hanson
Most forgetful - Carmen Lawrence
Most clumsy - Dan Andrews, Leo McLeay
Needs to cover up - Tony Abbott

I can probably come up with some more. But I think the above is a decent enough list.

To be fair I don't think the OP was being that serious enough to have a serious debate on who is worse on a global and historical scale.

Funny you mention Neville, his former wife. Birds of a feather...

Could go on but short story is all the jobs that have been brought here and spruiked as 'jobs for Geelong' after Ford and its local ecosystem shut haven't at all benefited the group who lost their jobs. The contract for defence products would have suited for Ford manufacturing workers far more than NDIS, TAC and Worksafe...

unemployment, long term unemployment, youth unemployment all higher in his constituency than elsewhere. Not many targeted TAFE courses or suitable projects being funnelled down this way. The public schools that side of town are under-funded. Not much of a private school presence. Kids leaving school have so many choices and prospects.. :rolleyesv1:

This isn't an ALP or LNP rant. Both are at fault. Neither bother with the area as one safely holds the seat and the other doesn't bother to try and win it.

The Vic government pays companies to set up in Geelong. Any time you see an announcement of a company getting a contract and there's a minister getting a photo opportunity you can be sure millions of taxpayer dollars have been thrown at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back