Worst Premiership players

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Grendel

That Duursmaa that twice bested Sticks in a month in 88 (in a final no less)? That Duursmaa? :p

Who did Duursma play for?/ I slightly remember hte name but just cant picture when and where he played

Originally posted by Dan25
Anyone can play well on the day!

Considering that day is more important then any other day.... Anyone who can play well on the day will be remembered as a hero or villian for the rest of their lives... I am sure Carlton and Collingwood fans remember a Ted Hopkins... (being a North fan I may have mispelt his name... but those there will know who I am talking about...) when I look aat a player North have just recruited... I don't ask myself can he play... I think to myself is he a premiership player (meaning will he play well on GF day)... because that is all that really matters....

Originally posted by JUBJUB
I'm suprised no one has said Corey McKernan or Steve Alessio.

JUBJUB... Corey may have had a crap past couple of years... but in Grand Finals this boy lifts... could have quite easily won the Norm Smith in 96... and was crucial in making Kouta plaay out of position in 99... As far as Premierships go he has nothing to be ashamed of...

and watch out he is on the road back... I have not seen Corey as confident in years... as he has looked in the past couple of weeks...

It will take time but the wait will be worth it...

Originally posted by Santos L Helper
One word..........SHANE ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops. sorry that's two words, just like CAN"T PLAY.
I don't wanna here any crap about kicking 5 goals either. This guy was a complete dud and anyone could have wandered aimlessly around that Crows forward line against St Kilda and kicked goals.

you are an absolute moron

Pathetic! (breach)

Aaron Keating without a question of a doubt

Played 3 AFL games in 97 and got a medal

Only decent game he ever played was against the Roos before Mick Martyn belted him in the face and somewhow avoided being reported.

Clay sampson played some good games as did Thiessen and definetley Shane Ellen was a solid player.

Adelaide must have had some shockers in 98 to beat the Roos at the height of their powers by 35 points.......NOT

The entire 88-89 Hawthorn sides and Essendon 2000 were pretty ordinary :D :D :D

Nah, Aaron Keating & Cameron Mooney are the ones that spring to mind. Can you believe I picked Cameron Mooney in my AFL fantasy footy team? What a mistake! (Although I'm doing pretty well, until this week that is when all my players got injured :mad: )

I can't believe someone said Richard Dennis, he was a very good player before injury. Same with Whitehead, but he was a bit less good. And Clape kicked about 40 goals in 95. I'd agree with Bortolotto though, and a guy called Michael Kennedy in 87.

Also Chris Daniher.

Originally posted by Jars458

you are an absolute moron

Pathetic! (breach)

Jars before you call anyone a moron, let me remind you of one of your intelligent insightful posts.

'Richo is in - all you full backs better take out bigger and better insurance policies!!'

The defense rests!!!!

Well to make this more realistic i thought why not assemble a team. Here it goes i hope no one gets offended by my team

B. M. Stevens D. Wallis S. Ellen
HB. D. Grenvold B. Marsh C. Daniher
C R. Olarenshaw S. Denham D. Hills
HF D. Calthorpe S. Alessio P. Barnard
R P. Somerville D. Bewick G. Moorcroft

INT A. Keating
C. Sampson
C. Mooney
A. Whitehead

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

APA

You've gotta be kidding...

Um.... how about this one, JLC... :D

B: S.Kerrison, M.Christian, M.Gayfer
HB: S.Morwood, C.Kelly, G.Crosisca
C: S.Clayton, T.Shaw, G.Wright
HF: D.Banks, J.Manson, D.Barwick
F: S.Russell, G.Brown, C.Mooney
R. D.Monkhorst, M.McGuane, T.Francis
Int: J.Turner, C.Starcevich, B.Marsh, A.Keating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: You've gotta be kidding...

Um.... how about this one, JLC... :D

B: S.Kerrison, M.Christian, M.Gayfer
HB: S.Morwood, C.Kelly, G.Crosisca
C: S.Clayton, T.Shaw, G.Wright
HF: D.Banks, J.Manson, D.Barwick
F: S.Russell, G.Brown, C.Mooney
R. D.Monkhorst, M.McGuane, T.Francis
Int: J.Turner, C.Starcevich, B.Marsh, A.Keating

Asu usual Dan you have to resort to copying what i do............it just shows how much of an imitation you really are. You are just so predictable.

As usual you are a follower and not a leader

APA

Um... Collingwood weren't a premiership team in 1977. Only premiership players qualify for this thread.

Well Haven't got many to choose from have we? LOL. Unless anyone saw em' 40 odd years AGO LOL.

I'm not being predictable JLC. Im just beign honest, in naming a team of sh*thouse players.

Kerrison? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Peter Somerville......enough said

Originally posted by JLC

Peter Somerville......enough said

The funny thing is Dan we played an EVEN ********TER TEAM in the grand final that year. I guess we were very lucky.

Wrong JLC. You played a better team who was playing like sh*t at the time.

Thanks for nothing Peter Sumich.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You have an EXCUSE for everything. Essendon were a better team...............ROFLMAO We beat you twice that finals series when it counted. Not just beat we thrashed you both times.

Soon you will be claiming the years where you lost in the preliminaries you were robbed as well.......roflmao

APA

The 1990 premiers would not beat one flag winner from the `80`s or `91 onwards,they were very,very ordinary.I know it doesn`t say much for our side of that year,but the `90 pie side were ordinary,plenty of heart though.we were the best team all year,and stuffed up horribly in september.hawthorn of 1990 toyed with collingwood.

Originally posted by windyhill
The 1990 premiers would not beat one flag winner from the `80`s or `91 onwards,they were very,very ordinary.I know it doesn`t say much for our side of that year,but the `90 pie side were ordinary,plenty of heart though.we were the best team all year,and stuffed up horribly in september.hawthorn of 1990 toyed with collingwood.

Roll out the excuse Book..............

We dont hear the Kangaroos supporters moaning and groaning because they lost to Adelaide or the StKilda supporters when they lost to Adelaide. You got to hand it to those WHINGING essendon supporters.

APA

Originally posted by JLC

Roll out the excuse Book..............

We dont hear the Kangaroos supporters moaning and groaning because they lost to Adelaide or the StKilda supporters when they lost to Adelaide. You got to hand it to those WHINGING essendon supporters.

APA

True they shouldn't be whinging. They've actually gone on to achieve 2 More since that loss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back