Worst Premiership players

Remove this Banner Ad

In fact the `92 collingwood side were far superior to the ordinary `90 version.finished equal top,but missed the double chance due to a lesser percentage,bit stiff the pies.luck plays a part jlc,i`ll admit we were lucky in 1993,very lucky.
can you admit the `90 side were a bit lucky ? (apart from their ordinaryiness)

Collingwood were very lucky in 1990.

That's no disrespect to them, because there were other years (1969,1970,1973, 1966,1977) where they finished on top of the ladder, and were arguably the best team, but luck transpired against them. Collingwood were screwed many times.

In 1990, finally (for them), luck was on their side.

They met a far superior Essendon side, who were totally out of sorts, after having an amazing 3 weeks off, due to the draw between Collingwood and West Coast. When we finally played Collingwood in the 2nd sem-final, some of our team hadn't played for 4 weeks, while most hadn't played for 3 weeks. We were well beaten by a team, who we accounted for twice in the home and away. We finished on top of the ladder, a game clear, plus we had a percentage about 10% higher than theirs (in addition to beating them twice in the home and away)

There was no doubt that Pter Sumich cost us big time. Still we can't complain too much, because Collingwood should have won at least 4 flags between 1958 and 1990, but in 1990, luck was finally on their side, damn it.

I agree that the Collingwood 1990 flag side was the worst of the past 15 years...they just had a year where every other side was beginning to fade or rebuilding. Hawthorn absolutely towelled the Magpies twice that season.

Originally posted by Santos L Helper

Jars before you call anyone a moron, let me remind you of one of your intelligent insightful posts.

'Richo is in - all you full backs better take out bigger and better insurance policies!!'

The defense rests!!!!

Your brain needs a rest

Perhaps that post was an obvious joke, which was admitted later on if you had read it

I say again

Moron
:)

Originally posted by JLC

Roll out the excuse Book..............

We dont hear the Kangaroos supporters moaning and groaning because they lost to Adelaide or the StKilda supporters when they lost to Adelaide. You got to hand it to those WHINGING essendon supporters.

APA

Oh please....
Just like we never heard you lot sqeauling about Wayne Harmes in 1979? Whinging?...You lot wrote the bloody book.

where's wally?

Aaron Keating wasn't the worst premiership player, I think he is the luckiest premiership player in history.

The worst IMO was Matthew Robran in the 97 grand final.

When Robran went up to get his premiership medallion he was told, "sorry sir these medals are for players only, not spectators." :D

Originally posted by Blues_Brat
Aaron Keating wasn't the worst premiership player, I think he is the luckiest premiership player in history.

The worst IMO was Matthew Robran in the 97 grand final.

When Robran went up to get his premiership medallion he was told, "sorry sir these medals are for players only, not spectators." :D

You are sayting Keating is a better player than Robran?

If not, you have missed the point of the topic

Its not who played the worst game in a GF, it is who is the worst player in ever to have won a premiership medal.

Far too mayn players have played bad games in GF's.

Even the greatest of them all - Darren Jarman had a bad game in the Hawks win in 91 I think it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back