Worst Richmond game you've ever attended.

Remove this Banner Ad

1998 or 99, round 22 at the G. Richmond v Melbourne. Winner makes the finals. Loser finishes 9th.

We got flogged. Jeff Farmer had a field day. Drunken Melbourne flogs all around me.

Very nasty atmosphere after the game, a lot of extremely disappointed Tiger fans.

Edit - it was 1998. Farmer took mark of the year. In front of me.

Round 6, 2007. Enough said
Not sure why, but I sat through the entire game. Who would have guessed just over 10 years later our revenge would be so sweet, not just the once though, but again in 2019 and 2020

Can’t remember the year but travelling to Sydney to watch us play Norf.
Carey went nuts

Edit: the other one is McCartney retirement match at the bubble. Absolutely disgusted with that game.

Carlton elimination final in 2013 was an absolute kick in the guts. We played worse in the same fixture against North Melbourne a couple of years later. Those three close losses in 2017 made me want to chuck it in (particularly the GWS one). Being down 14 goals to one against the Saints that year was pretty miserable. Last year at Marvel Stadium against the Gold Coast was about as horrid as we've played in recent years. I could go on.....
Was there...
Watching Carltoon slowly close the gap to win...
Was like standing on the deck of a slow sinking ship took an eternity for the water to rise from my toes to the top of my head...

Carey went nuts

Edit: the other one is McCartney retirement match at the bubble. Absolutely disgusted with that game.
Was there too...
McCartney was on fire that night...kicking goals from his Ace!

Carey went nuts

That McCartney game we where never going to win that lol.

Worst game I attended was at Waverly...Tigers V Hawks...
Bloody cold and bloody wet even a touch of hail...an absolute slugfest of mud, rain, darkness and points!
Enormous amount of points kicked something like 4 goals 26 points...raining points by both sides!
Could not tell the difference in Footy guernseys...it was so muddy and wet...even the Umpires were brown..so were the fecking seagulls! And come to think orff it, so were the bloody cold chips! Beer was the same!
So much rain fell down that game...I could not fully concentrate on the game played...all I could think orff was...feck I need a whiz...gee a whizzer would be nice! And looking backwards to see where the toilets were!
From hazy memory I think we won the game finally by 4 points...late in the last Quarter!
Had to have the ground lights on cos it was dark as...grey as...black as...wet as...the rain battered down on your head and shoulders!
Had to stop breathing when watching the slugfest otherwise the white condensation coming out from your mouth obscured your vision of the game played!
Then to top it all orff...the cherry on the top! or rather the the ice-cream on the cone!
I forgot where I parked the fecking Kombi...
Ended up walking around the ground twice in rain and mud searching for a bright yellow Kombi...
It was like a giant fecking yellow Banana when I got to the ground and first parked it! Stood out like dogs balls!
How hard can that be searching for a giant fecking yellow banana! Black as, dark as, heavy rain as...and MUD!!!
And all the time I was wearing and walking around in pristine woollen Ugg boots...
By the time I found the now brown Kombi...only cause most of the car park had emptied, and I was worried about being locked in for the night!
I had to pour the water out orff both Ugg Boots...roughly 5 and 1/2 pints of muddy water in each Ugg!
And drove the now brown Kombi home in cold freezing wet bare feet, cos the heater was not working!
Those Ugg Boots cost me heaps and they were a comfortable size 12...spesh made in NSW.
Took me roughly a week to dry the UGGs out, spinning them dry in the washing machine...rained all that week!
By the time I had dried out my Whizz Bang Ugg Boots...they must have been the size of sleeping bags from all the stretching my feet did to them walking in the rain...I never ended up fixing the Kombi heater boxes...cos my dear old brother sold the Kombi on me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every interstate game I attend. 1 win 15 loses on the road. Lol

That's really quite a remarkable record, TT! o_O

Absolutely need to crowd fund this legendary cooler Blooze & Poyz '24 memberships ASAP folks.

* it, let's run a secret campaign to get him voted onto both their boards.

Wait...are you already on the Essendon board?

🤣

Worst game I attended was at Waverly...Tigers V Hawks...
Bloody cold and bloody wet even a touch of hail...an absolute slugfest of mud, rain, darkness and points!
Enormous amount of points kicked something like 4 goals 26 points...raining points by both sides!
Could not tell the difference in Footy guernseys...it was so muddy and wet...even the Umpires were brown..so were the fecking seagulls! And come to think orff it, so were the bloody cold chips! Beer was the same!
So much rain fell down that game...I could not fully concentrate on the game played...all I could think orff was...feck I need a whiz...gee a whizzer would be nice! And looking backwards to see where the toilets were!
From hazy memory I think we won the game finally by 4 points...late in the last Quarter!
Had to have the ground lights on cos it was dark as...grey as...black as...wet as...the rain battered down on your head and shoulders!
Had to stop breathing when watching the slugfest otherwise the white condensation coming out from your mouth obscured your vision of the game played!
Then to top it all orff...the cherry on the top! or rather the the ice-cream on the cone!
I forgot where I parked the fecking Kombi...
Ended up walking around the ground twice in rain and mud searching for a bright yellow Kombi...
It was like a giant fecking yellow Banana when I got to the ground and first parked it! Stood out like dogs balls!
How hard can that be searching for a giant fecking yellow banana! Black as, dark as, heavy rain as...and MUD!!!
And all the time I was wearing and walking around in pristine woollen Ugg boots...
By the time I found the now brown Kombi...only cause most of the car park had emptied, and I was worried about being locked in for the night!
I had to pour the water out orff both Ugg Boots...roughly 5 and 1/2 pints of muddy water in each Ugg!
And drove the now brown Kombi home in cold freezing wet bare feet, cos the heater was not working!
Those Ugg Boots cost me heaps and they were a comfortable size 12...spesh made in NSW.
Took me roughly a week to dry the UGGs out, spinning them dry in the washing machine...rained all that week!
By the time I had dried out my Whizz Bang Ugg Boots...they must have been the size of sleeping bags from all the stretching my feet did to them walking in the rain...I never ended up fixing the Kombi heater boxes...cos my dear old brother sold the Kombi on me!
How do you lose a bright yellow car
I know I never could.
tugga

1998 or 99, round 22 at the G. Richmond v Melbourne. Winner makes the finals. Loser finishes 9th.

We got flogged. Jeff Farmer had a field day. Drunken Melbourne flogs all around me.

Very nasty atmosphere after the game, a lot of extremely disappointed Tiger fans.

Edit - it was 1998. Farmer took mark of the year. In front of me.
We are everyones grand final lol.
Teams do lift their little leggies when we come up on the fixture,more than other teams.
Perfect day that day and we fired blanks.

2014 Elimination final against Port, had a Brisbane supporting mate come along to the game with me even got him to wear a Tigers Guernsey, got absolutely demoralised by a bunch of little port supporting kids heckling us on the way out :'(
shoulda kneed em in the mouth

every game we played North at docklands i been to was a nightmare

something about getting done by a shyte side at a negative energy generator of a ground with half the oval obscured by a fugn giant pillar

i know I've sat through worse and managed to find that lunatic laugh somewhere through the 3rd qtr, where it just becomes hilarious that we are the laughing stock of footy

but i never seem to get out of the despair phase at docklands vs norf

2017 vs St Kilda

Only game I've ever said nah cbf with today and left and half time.
Only game I attended in 2017 was the return game in the last game of the season, I flew over with my wife and one of my daughters and was a little worried because it was the second best Reiwoldts last game, fortunately things went a little better in that game than the earlier one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back