worst sporting injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys!

Im young, and have a very average knee. About a year ago, I dislocated my Kneecap (patella). It dislocated laterally (outside of my knee). The pain was almost unbearable. Few months after this I had arthroscopic surgery, to repair the medial ligament. After the surgery, it dislocated again, and I would presume tore the staples that the surgeon had put in place.

Every now and then my knee cap dislocates, and even though the pain is not any were near as bad as when I first did it, it still hurts.

My knee feels very unstable all the time. I cannot move laterally and that disallows my to play most sports.

Im wondering what kind of surgery could be useful for a person in my predicament?

Thanks in advance.

Broken jaw last year which kept me out for 8, was lucky enough to not get my mouth wired shut, torn quad the year before which kept me out for about 8 as well, and torn ligaments in my ankle the year before which was 10 weeks, and this season I have posterior tibial tendinitis and the season hasnt even started. I love it!

and this season I have posterior tibial tendinitis and the season hasnt even started. I love it!

though it was shin splints?

i had this in feb and it was very painful, i though my shins were going to break but thank god its a tendon not a bone. tough to get rid of.

In 2007, playing a night game my leg decided it'd do an impression of Nathan Brown's and broke clean through both bones at just about right angles.. One of my team mates pushed someone on top of me while I was running. Not the most fun I've ever had, ambulance didn't show up for half an hour too. I've played one game of school footy since due to my inability to run properly due to complications since breaking it.

tore all the ligaments in my ankle, they had to be hooked back onto the bones in an operation as well as dislocating my tibia and fracturing my fibula - resulting in a plate and 7 screws being inserted into my leg. This all happened to the same leg at the same time. Had to get carried off on a stretcher and had to wait and hour and a half to get to the hospital (the hospital the ambulance wouldve taken me to wouldve been Box Hill, a very dodgey hospital to be kind to them) Then I had to wait another hour or so until they could pop my tibia back in and after that I had to stay in hospital for a week after the operation. Dunno if I'll ever be able to play again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guy at my club copped a corkie to the thigh on saturday and later that night at a club function could barely walk. Ended up being taken to hospital to find out he has compartment syndrome and had to have surgery straight away.

Watching a soccer ball roll slowly away from me into the path of an attacker after hearing the disturbingly loud sound of a Hamstring tear.

Tore an ACL three days out from debut with a new club, returned the following pre-season and dislocated a shoulder, required a reconstruction AND whilst I was going through rehab for the shoulder, took a tumble down the stairs and tore the ACL and dislocated the other shoulder. Needless to say, I haven't played footy in a few years.

though it was shin splints?

i had this in feb and it was very painful, i though my shins were going to break but thank god its a tendon not a bone. tough to get rid of.

SS killed off my footy career if you.

Got them bad in pre-season training one year, and unfortunately still have them to this day. They got sooo bad, I could barely walk without constant pain.

I went through all the physio/medical stuff without success.

I can't run much these days because of them.

Dislocated my shoulder in my first game at the State Netball and Hockey Centre.

Was at the start of the season too, after doing my best preseason cardio fitness wise. Not nearly as bad as some of the others on here but it bummed me out at the time.

Had done my ACL playing footy. Waiting for the op and was just mucking around playing footy with some kids. Anyway, dislocated the entire lower leg, with my foot at 90 degrees the wrong way and kids screaming all over the shop. Got it back in myself after a while, thank **** for that. Turned out I had broken my femur in the process.

Most painful would be the 3 rotator cuffs I've done and the torn labrum in there. Used to play golf in single figures as a junior. Anyway, I've started playing again after 10 years out, whilst rehabbing the knee. With 2 months lead in I managed to get a top 20 finish in the open here, and had a couple of under par 9 hole stretches along the way. Not bad at about 5 months rehab, and playing with torn rib cartilage.

Being a girl, I don't play footy so my worst injury came from a netball game.
It was wet and I slipped over a girls feet and braced impact with my arms. My left arm copped most of it and hurt a bit, nothing too bad, went to the medico tent and was sent home with some panadol.
3 days later it was still so swollen and bruised, went to the hospital to find the swelling was my snapped radius trying to come out of my skin. Also had a dislocated elbow. Went under the gas to have it all snapped back into place. Yummo, fun times!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back