Worst tech you've used.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Harvey Norman still use computers with blue screen and print receipts on dot matrix paper?

You still see that kind of thing often in France, and people still use chequebooks, at supermarkets even. Its infuriatingly slow as they have to write their drivers license and all the details on the reverse. Ive got a chequebook but never use it.

Do Harvey Norman still use computers with blue screen and print receipts on dot matrix paper?

Well I know that they send out cheques and remittances are still printed on dot matrix, I guess paying by cheque gives them an extra few days as who has time to go bank a cheque the day it arrives. But printing out on dot matrix? It boggles the mind.

Telstra's automated service when you try and call with a problem
My god, good call. I phoned up to ask a question/complain and I wanted to talk to someone and it kept referring me to a website and texted me the link. FFS I want to talk to someone, their website is s**t too

ESPNs website would give the AFL one a run for its money. Takes forever to load, always freezing, video settings revert to autoplay no matter how many times you switch it off, randomly switches from US to AU site, recurring articles with no menu location so you have to search for them every damn week.

Honourable mention to Windows 10 for the enormous updates (must have so many bugs to patch) that start by themselves and take up my entire bandwidth for an hour at a time.

A company supplied me one these phones RugGear. This thing was a nightmare, would pocket dial constantly, even whilst locked with passcode. Disabled touch screen fixed pocket dialing, but then it was impossible to navigate. I lasted three days before chucking sim back into previous phone.

upload_2017-3-21_0-59-15.jpeg

My god, good call. I phoned up to ask a question/complain and I wanted to talk to someone and it kept referring me to a website and texted me the link. FFS I want to talk to someone, their website is s**t too
You can barely contact anyone from the website either - you get put into an endless loop of useless "help" pages

Now my Window Phone music player has decided it only wants to shuffle songs between A and C.

FMD

All of them, especially the Nexus branded ones.
you've used all android phones, wow that's a lot of phones, even just among nexus phones that's a lot of phones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Android phones.
Android is an operating system not "phones"

IMO, Android superior to IOS, Windows 10 is ok however a huge sales flop, Windows has hurt themselves with underwhelming updates Who remembers Tizon? What a flop.

Anyways, Anyone use the HR program Sucess factors? Urg, Literally aids.

Itunes is another, Back 10 years ago it was brilliant, Same as the Old iPods, Where those things are still 10 times better then any other apple product out right now? Those things were sturdy, Great operating system, great space, good features, It's still way better then any new release.

I remember another one (anyone work for woolworths) where they brought insted of e-mails (the cost of a dollar per store e-mail was too much!) they brought in this random s**t-hole internal messaging system was putrid

IE Explorer as well. It would be safer posting your banking details on Bigfooty then putting a secure password on that piece of s**t

Windows 8, Piece of s**t
Windows Vista, Piece of s**t

Android is an operating system not "phones"
So? All the hardware is shoddy and the software isn't much better. My iPhone 6 is still going strong nearly three years after purchase, whereas my last Android phone (Nexus 4) was having kernel panics after six months. My previous Galaxy Nexus had a hilariously bad screen.

So? All the hardware is shoddy and the software isn't much better. My iPhone 6 is still going strong nearly three years after purchase, whereas my last Android phone (Nexus 4) was having kernel panics after six months. My previous Galaxy Nexus had a hilariously bad screen.
My Nexus 5 is still going almost four years later

And those two nexus phones were much less than that iPhone 6 to buy

Android has come a long way since 2012 btw

iTunes.

It has been modified (not upgraded) so often it is utterly illogical. Complete load of s**t.
iTunes is the reason I never purchased an iPod. If there is a hell, no doubt using iTunes daily will be a part of it.

Apparently the code is super bloated too because each version (Mac or Win) has all the coding for the other one as well, rather than writing two separate programs.

One Android phone failing in 2012 =/= all the hardware being shoddy. Especially when the hardware in question is made by multiple different companies (Samsung, HTC, LG, etc)

I have used 3 Samsungs since 2011, upgrading after 2-3 years because I love tech, and every single one is still working fine (the oldest 1 being used as an mp3 player, and the newer one being used as a hand me down to my mother in law).

It's surprising how many tech giant companies have disgraceful websites and/or portals. With my work we need to regularly access portals for places like Microsoft and Canon and others, and they're all terrible. Microsoft's is a wild goose chase to find answers that almost always ends in a page that's been moved or no longer exists. And Canon's is one of the most user unfriendly pages, and takes friggin ages to load each page.

What? It's an objective fact that the hardware of the Samsung s7 is better than, Operating system is subjective but what the *?

iTunes is the reason I never purchased an iPod. If there is a hell, no doubt using iTunes daily will be a part of it.

Apparently the code is super bloated too because each version (Mac or Win) has all the coding for the other one as well, rather than writing two separate programs.
I started buying IPods because I was running out of functional Iriver Clix players.

It's surprising how many tech giant companies have disgraceful websites and/or portals. With my work we need to regularly access portals for places like Microsoft and Canon and others, and they're all terrible. Microsoft's is a wild goose chase to find answers that almost always ends in a page that's been moved or no longer exists. And Canon's is one of the most user unfriendly pages, and takes friggin ages to load each page.
Canon is still alive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back