Worth North chasing Fev at end of the year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere,but is it worth North having a crack at Fevola ?.Its been publicised that North has a bit of room in the salary cap.Hes only 26 years old too.so we should get some good years out of him.
Would it be worth North gambling that they can turn round his poor attitude or do you reckon he'd be detrimental to the club because of his behaviour & attitude. ?
Not sure if carlton would even contemplate it but what do North fans reckon:thumbsu: ?

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere,but is it worth North having a crack at Fevola ?.Its been publicised that North has a bit of room in the salary cap.Hes only 26 years old too.so we should get some good years out of him.
Would it be worth North gambling that they can turn round his poor attitude or do you reckon he'd be detrimental to the club because of his behaviour & attitude. ?
Not sure if carlton would even contemplate it but what do North fans reckon:thumbsu: ?

NO NO NO NO NO

I just don't think there is room for Fev's ego in a club our size.

NO NO NO NO NO

I just don't think there is room for Fev's ego in a club our size.

I tend to agree

but we should consider

1. His marketability..Could we use it to get a higher profile for North ?..more bums on seats ,sponsorship etc

2. People can change when they change clubs..Barry Hall wasnt highly thought of at St Kilda either.maybe the North character could rub off on him

3. Will Thompson come back to his best from his knee.I hope so as i love what he does..but at 29 it is still reasonably doubtful.Fevela could maybe do his role out of the goalsquare.Or if Thompson is right you could play Thompson at CHF & Fev at FF ?

As a player on a performance based contract where we pay him nothing for poor form or antics - yes.

At a loss of early trade picks during a period when youth is our most promising factor - NO

This guy is a disease. Why would we want someone who's so troubled.

because if he sorted himself out he'd be a brillant pick up .

If he bought the same attitude along to North i wouldnt want a bar of him.
But Im just wondering if his attitude is poor because hes unmotivated at Carlton , and as it looks like they will still be a couple of years from finals footy he's throwing his toys.If he transferred to a club with a known work ethic,sensible senior players,good coach,good gameplan and on the up,then maybe he'd be fantastic for us

Lots of Ifs & maybes above too so hence the debate !! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because if he sorted himself out he'd be a brillant pick up .

If he bought the same attitude along to North i wouldnt want a bar of him.
But Im just wondering if his attitude is poor because hes unmotivated at Carlton , and as it looks like they will still be a couple of years from finals footy he's throwing his toys.If he transferred to a club with a known work ethic,sensible senior players,good coach,good gameplan and on the up,then maybe he'd be fantastic for us

Lots of Ifs & maybes above too so hence the debate !! :D

There's been at least 3 different times where people we saying that he's sorted himself out, and then next thing he's involved in a scuffle and sent home from Ireland or something like that.

Yes, gun footballer and would change his ways at North , depending on what we would have to give up to get him, i'd say go for it

There's been at least 3 different times where people we saying that he's sorted himself out, and then next thing he's involved in a scuffle and sent home from Ireland or something like that.

Yep i agree it would be a gamble .looks like the general consensus is that hes too much of a liability and we dont want him.I can live with that.

I still just have that nagging thought of what he did against the Bombers when he destroyed Michaels & Fletcher & wonder what it would be like if he did that for North !(not that we've had much trouble beating the bombers lately!:D)

Yep i agree it would be a gamble .looks like the general consensus is that hes too much of a liability and we dont want him.I can live with that.

I still just have that nagging thought of what he did against the Bombers when he destroyed Michaels & Fletcher & wonder what it would be like if he did that for North !(not that we've had much trouble beating the bombers lately!:D)

You'll find out what a good full forward would be like at North next year when Thommo comes back. He was that good last year when we weren't getting the ball to him often or with good delivery...

No thanks...he is the exact opposite of what our club was built on and what we need at the club.

AT least we would be guaranteed we weren't picking up a dud. I doubt he would come to North, I am a Fevola fan and would love to see him here - wont happen though

AT least we would be guaranteed we weren't picking up a dud. I doubt he would come to North, I am a Fevola fan and would love to see him here - wont happen though

Cheat, liar, thug, sook.

If Pagan hasnt gotten through that fat head then Dean has no hope.

We have this player called Nathan Thompson still??

our lead goal-kicker last year - finished 11th in the brownlow?

anybody remember him?

I am a Fevola fan and would love to see him here - wont happen though

I love watching Fevola play. When he's on song (and not playing against us), he's superb to watch. He has talent and he's a match winner.

But we're a club that's trying to build up a new batch of senior players, and I don't want someone like Fevola around as a role model for the kids.

If it was the mid-90s where we had an established core of senior players to keep him in check, then it'd be different. But not now.

We already have a Riewoldt type (as in kick chasing flanker with sticky hands that gets most of his kicks up on the wing).

We still need that CHF & Ben Hughes is the one.

We have a ridiculously x 1000 inferior Reiwoldt type.

I'm not sure you can compare players who are world's apart in their respective ability.

Riewoldt would improve our team considerably. And he is a goalkicking, dominant flanker.

His cost would be ridiculous however.

As for Fev?

No.

Not what we need.

Attainable? Perhaps.

Desirable? Certainly not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back