Wot if ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the power equation then ?
71221-largest_Equation.png

I'd say ASADA just begin investigating Essendon again, without the "help" of the AFL. Then the Bomber regulars can continue to roll eyes at the foamers, and the foamers can continue to cut down the silly arguments of Essendon/Hird's deep cover PR team.
So this stuff goes on for another couple of years, and all the while the whole game suffers.
I just can't see any way that conventional thinking and values will allow Essendon's doping program to be sanctioned by disrepute punishment alone.

If the Essendon case completely succeeds, the investigation will be declared illegal, and the evidence gathered null and void.

ASADA could start again if they wanted - my guess is they wouldn't, as they'd have an out from this enormous mess. They'd state they've been thwarted by legal wrangling, and prospects of any conviction from here are very slim, given their hopes of obtaining much useful evidence are basically non existent - all probably reasonable and accurate positions to take.

They then go back to their day jobs.

I hope they do win because then ASADA will just start again, Essendon will challenge again and they'll squander yet more money and distract themselves yet further.

If they win the question will be up until what point (if indeed all) of the investigation the evidences becomes null and void. If it is only up until the AFL's "involvement" then IMO most of the real juicy stuff discovered after woods is still in play. Interview the players again and once again hand out 34 SC notices.

More importantly the board will go into melt down and Bunk will bump about 1000 threads. All the "hidden" PR plants will say told you so. And the rest of us will reset back 12 months and take it back up from there.

If the Essendon case completely succeeds, the investigation will be declared illegal, and the evidence gathered null and void.

not so fast. what about the extra evidence ASADA have gathered since the "joint investigation"? mcdevitt has suggested that not all the evidence will be null and void, and there may still be a case even if some of the evidence has been disallowed.

not so fast. what about the extra evidence ASADA have gathered since the "joint investigation"? mcdevitt has suggested that not all the evidence will be null and void, and there may still be a case even if some of the evidence has been disallowed.
What evidence, it's like you're suggesting they interviewed the guy who supplied the compounds, the bloke who mixed the compounds up and a scumbag Chiro who jabbed the players after the AFL's involvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ASADA could start again if they wanted - my guess is they wouldn't, as they'd have an out from this enormous mess. They'd state they've been thwarted by legal wrangling, and prospects of any conviction from here are very slim, given their hopes of obtaining much useful evidence are basically non existent - all probably reasonable and accurate positions to take.

I agree with Bunk. ASADA will use it as there way to get an easy out.

ROFL! What a surprise the 2 Essendon supporters think ASADA will walk away. haha

Yes sure ASADA will just "want an out from this enormous mess". Is that what Little or Chip Le Grand or Robbo is telling you will happen?

You seem to forget something, ASADA are the manager you see in the store. They aren't running the joint. They don't own the company. WADA run the joint.

There is not a snowflakes hope in hell that WADA will sit back and allow ASADA to watch Essendon get away with it on a 'technicality' over process. Not when the entire sporting world is watching this case to see what the AFL and Australian government are going to do to Essendon so that they get their rightful whack. You only have to look on twitter, there are several overseas and Australian Olympic athletes already that have been very vocal with the fact they will be extremely pissed if Essendon's players get away with it.

If ASADA do not start the investigation again then WADA have the power to ban Australia from International Sport competitions like World Cups, Olympics, Commonwealth Games etc. You can't have cyclists, gymnasts, cricketers (eg Shane Warne) getting banned for 12 months for accidentally taking a diuretic which isn't even performance enhancing, and then the AFL and Australian Government let AFL players off when it has become obvious they were pumping their bodies full of a cocktail of banned drugs. It won't happen.

The best thing though is that all the Essendon supporters were rejoicing with the fact they tried to do a secret deal with ASADA and it will hurt ASADAs case. Wrong. Worst thing that ever could have happened. It's going to put even more pressure now on WADA to punish Essendon, otherwise every other sport in the world is going to see WADA as corrupt.

Enjoy the delusion though!

I will take up my new post as Hawthorns sports scientist with all over the counter (in Thailand) supplements. The Hawks will enjoy a post season vacation at the beach while getting huge and winning the next few premierships.

I will then self report to ASADA where I can get the free sandwich Percel was telling us about. Win win

ASADA is going to walk away is it?

LOL. Yeah ok.

Regardless of court action, the investigation is still going today, thats nearly 10 months of evidence they have up their sleeve.

Federal courts usually throw these out because we have bodies that deal with these things.

Whether that happens tomorrow or not remains to be seen, but in any case ASADA will carry on and suspend players.

As it should, and rid the game of the entire football dept of 2012 for good.

Not all the evidence may be declared null and void.

Can't see WADA just walking away from this. Bad luck bombers.

ASADA is going to walk away is it?

LOL. Yeah ok.

Regardless of court action, the investigation is still going today, thats nearly 10 months of evidence they have up their sleeve.

Federal courts usually throw these out because we have bodies that deal with these things.

Whether that happens tomorrow or not remains to be seen, but in any case ASADA will carry on and suspend players.

As it should, and rid the game of the entire football dept of 2012 for good.
What's the possibility that they have already done a 'separate' investigation and finished most of it, as a contingency in case the first half of their investigation was deemed unlawful?

It'd be funny if Essendon won, and they get SC notices the next day. Business as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back