Wot if ?

Remove this Banner Ad

All depends what ASADA have discovered post the AFL participation. They might have enough to proceed anyway.
Will need to be better than circumstantial evidence because it would seem they're relying on player testimony to complete the chain at the moment

Woah, keep your crackpot conspiracy theories to the "conspiracy, mysteries and paranormal" board please.

"I've been very clear. I won. I didn't commit the crime." - Otis Jackson Simpson
You're in jail/gaol you silly ninny!.

To answer the hypothetical, the AFL will be happy, EFC will be battered, bruised and remain doping pariahs, and there will be serious questions asked of ASADA and the AFL at Government level to explain how they managed to allow a "we destroyed the records" scheme to humiliate Australian sport on the global stage. And a few sporting organisations might commence black ops now there is a way to beat the rules.
Following on from that some ridiculous legislation will be pass to ensure any athlete who ever looked at a PED or typed its name in an email gets five years.
IMO.
And Hird will hold a presser and start by saying "so, whats been going on guys?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No malice in my post. Not sure what the appropriate coloured face for no worries, it's around somewhere is.

That's ok. I found the interview. NLM doesn't say he told the doc "thanks but your advice isn't needed, the injections work.". What he said was that Reid told him they wouldn't work but his body told him they did. He also said that he had repeatedly asked whether the supplements were legal. ''I had these conversations with Stephen Dank and [former high-performance boss] Dean Robinson, James Hird. They all said they were legal, they were safe. So I had no concerns whatsoever,'' he said.

So not quite the "poo sandwich" ol' trolly in charge made it out to be, but then that's not surprising given his form. :)

That's ok. I found the interview. NLM doesn't say he told the doc "thanks but your advice isn't needed, the injections work.". What he said was that Reid told him they wouldn't work but his body told him they did. He also said that he had repeatedly asked whether the supplements were legal. ''I had these conversations with Stephen Dank and [former high-performance boss] Dean Robinson, James Hird. They all said they were legal, they were safe. So I had no concerns whatsoever,'' he said.

So not quite the "poo sandwich" ol' trolly in charge made it out to be, but then that's not surprising given his form. :)
Glad you agree that what was BASICALLY said was - I am going to ignore your advice because I think they make me feel better.

And they DID blindly accept the word of Dank, Robinson and Hird. This was stupid on a couple of levels, and now they must take responsibility for this like any of us would have to.

Glad you agree that what was BASICALLY said was - I am going to ignore your advice because I think they make me feel better.

No, your insinuation was that the players knew they were getting dodgy gear and didn't care.

And they DID blindly accept the word of Dank, Robinson and Hird. This was stupid on a couple of levels, and now they must take responsibility for this like any of us would have to.

Assuming what you claim is true (you don't know anymore than anyone else what lengths particular players went to), that's providing the evidence in the real world, as opposed to the HTB, proves they did something against the rules.

I'll cancel my RFC membership... cancel my foxtel... and stop watching AFL all together. .... start watching local footy instead.

No, your insinuation was that the players knew they were getting dodgy gear and didn't care. .
That's your perception. I was just paraphrasing what I remembered from the interview. Player ignored Dr's opinion that the injections were useless because he thought it was working.

That's your perception. I was just paraphrasing what I remembered from the interview. Player ignored Dr's opinion that the injections were useless because he thought it was working.
Don't worry Chief. I only read your comment as proof one player didn't listen to Reid and thought Dank knew better.

"The players were sold a poo sandwich, and ate it down, licking the poo from their fingers and saying how much they loved it."

Overselling just a little.

Interesting that interview, NLM has pretty good evidence for responding to show cause and a lawsuit against the club. Note he didn't think to ask ASADA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back