Would a Richmond Premiership in 2022 make the team one of the best of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

So you saw both teams play? Trolling just because I have a different opinion. Deep down I am not close to agreeing with you. No team in history comes close to the 1927-1930 Magpies. The 1929 Collingwood team went through an entire Home and Away season undefeated winning 9 hostile away games on suburban strongholds. Remarkable really. To win 4 Premierships in a row is a feat no other team has ever been able to achieve and never will. The Bradman’s of Football.

100% can’t stand him, I have no respect for any players who played in black & white TV. Well done you got me

Nope you got yourself. And you got yourself badly. There was no Black White TV in Australia during the Collingwood Machine era or the Jack Dyer era. In fact there was no TV at all. Thanks for admitting you have the greatest respect for the Collingwood 4 in a row. You bloody beauty. End of thread. Thanks for your respect of my team Collingwood and their achievement that will never be beaten.

So you saw both teams play? Trolling just because I have a different opinion. Deep down I am not close to agreeing with you. No team in history comes close to the 1927-1930 Magpies. The 1929 Collingwood team went through an entire Home and Away season undefeated winning 9 hostile away games on suburban strongholds. Remarkable really. To win 4 Premierships in a row is a feat no other team has ever been able to achieve and never will. The Bradman’s of Football.
This aspect of the machine's achievements is overlooked even when every man and his dog acknowledges how hard Geelong are to beat at Kardinia Park. Teams these days struggle to win at just that one suburban stronghold, imagine how they would go having to play at eight other grounds like that. Not good at all.

A Cats vs Richmond Gf this year will put an end to the debate. It’s unlikely to happen but based on the game they played today, it will be what neutral fans want.

Both won 3 flags this century (in non-consecutive years) and played in a grand final not too long ago.

A Cats vs Richmond Gf this year will put an end to the debate. It’s unlikely to happen but based on the game they played today, it will be what neutral fans want.

Both won 3 flags this century (in non-consecutive years) and played in a grand final not too long ago.

Lol what debate?
Geelongs last flag was 11 years ago.

I don't think you could call the current Cats the same 'team' from their 2007-11 run. They haven't won one for 11 years, and only 3 players are left from their last win.

IF we were to win it this year, then I think with 4 in 6 years you could argue we're the best so far this century. However, I'd say that's highly unlikely to happen so probably not worth even debating. Our midfield is old and fragile. Come September I don't think we could make it through four weeks of finals-level footy without important cogs breaking down. I bloody hope I'm wrong though!

Neutral fans are dying for a 3v7 GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet my left nut you get eliminated before either of us do. Swans vs Tigers is looking like the most likely elimination final at this point.
Hang on what??

This is a thread about the Tigers mate.

The swans are probably 6th-8th . We aint winning the flag. So what? Either are you. Stay on topic fella.

If you want to start a swans thread then do it, or take this back to your team forum.

Thread topic: Richmond...

View attachment 1434183

Obsessed
Seems a little more likely that you are obsessed by me. That’s really sweet that you look me up, quote me and follow me around. To be honest I am chuffed. Keep it up because it is a real confidence booster. It may be a difficult concept to grasp but this thread is not just about Richmond. It is about whether or not they are one of the best of all time which means there is a natural comparison with other teams. The majority of my posts have been about COLLINGWOOD and how their 4 in a row makes them the greatest team of all time. Please keep up your obsession with me. It is kind of cute. Also instead of focussing on me try focussing on just making the 8 because right now you are not even in the best 8 teams in the league let alone the best team of all time. Thanks for making my Monday

Seems a little more likely that you are obsessed by me. That’s really sweet that you look me up, quote me and follow me around. To be honest I am chuffed. Keep it up because it is a real confidence booster. It may be a difficult concept to grasp but this thread is not just about Richmond. It is about whether or not they are one of the best of all time which means there is a natural comparison with other teams. The majority of my posts have been about COLLINGWOOD and how their 4 in a row makes them the greatest team of all time. Please keep up your obsession with me. It is kind of cute. Also instead of focussing on me try focussing on just making the 8 because right now you are not even in the best 8 teams in the league let alone the best team of all time. Thanks for making my Monday
Follow you around? I responded to one post because you were melting all through a thread with completely off-topic inane rubbish. Thanks for feeling the need to respond to me with a wall of text that I didn't read beyond the first sentence. :thumbsu:

All things being equal (and by that I mean injuries for both sides), I can't see Geelong beating us again this year. I would be very confident if we were to play them in finals.

First we need to make finals though (which I think we will). Long long way to go yet.

And there's one other team in the Red and Blue that may be a bigger hurdle than the "hand baggers".

Follow you around? I responded to one post because you were melting all through a thread with completely off-topic inane rubbish. Thanks for feeling the need to respond to me with a wall of text that I didn't read beyond the first sentence. :thumbsu:

You can’t keep away from me. This is now moving from funny to creepy.

Can somebody just ban this bloke, his rattling dentures are putting me off.

Did you come up with that all on your own? Wow. So original a Collingwood teeth jibe. You are a little confused though linking dentures to Collingwood supporters. I assume your attempted attack is based on the premise of the low socio economic status of us Collingwood supporters. Surely if this was the case then dentures would not be a viable financial option. You need to provide more depth to your poorly constructed insults.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back