Would any club risk trading with Essendon before the ASADA report is finalised?

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like the interim ASADA report doesn't address player sanctions.

Does anyone think that any other clubs would risk player trades with Essendon while the risks of suspension still hangs over Essendon players?

If an Essendon player was traded and a suspension was subsequently handed down would Essendon be liable?

All Essendon need to do in that scenario is put up a huge sign saying

"buyer beware - deal at own risk"

And its not as if the situation is not public.

I cant see any legal problems, unless Essendon provide written guarantees that a player or players will not be sanctioned, and it turns out they will be after the trade occurs.

When will the ASADA report be finalized?

When will the ASADA report be finalized?

images

It would get very interesting if out of contract Bombers decide to walk out, nominate another club and then that club decides to tell Essendon that due to the risk the player isn't worth more than a third or fourth round pick.

Do any bombers have a Judd clause that allows them to break their contract if the club is brought into scandal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will the ASADA report be finalized you ask, cant see it happening in the next few years, e.g what the NRL investigations throw up, such as Darren Hibbert who is owed $10k allegedly by the Bombers.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lawyers-after-asada-visit-20130325-2gqbg.html

Anyone involved at the Bombers in 2012 are potentially damaged goods & will be require a higher level of due diligence.

My understanding is WADA keep samples 10+ years?

As the technology changes they continue to test for PED do they not?

So essendon players could be banned 2 or 3 or 4 years down the track.

ASADA now has 8 years thanks to recent legislative changes.

No such limitations on AFL?

nine years till you can relax essendon fans.

"ZOMG i just want this to be over" - bad luck.

Evening more worrying, what if down the track an essendon or former essendon player get sick from drugs not tested on humans? What will be the WADA, AFL, legal ramifications? RIP John Mannah.

All Essendon need to do in that scenario is put up a huge sign saying

"buyer beware - deal at own risk"

And its not as if the situation is not public.

I cant see any legal problems, unless Essendon provide written guarantees that a player or players will not be sanctioned, and it turns out they will be after the trade occurs.

Sandwich board...Big enough?

This would screw essendon if not resolved before trade period as they have banked plenty of big men power in Bellchambers and Gumbleton who could land them some decent midfielder or draft picks

How are we certain asada report doesn't cover player sanctions? Isn't that the whole point of their existence? They're not a governance checking body are they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back