Would anyone have footage of Ablett's walking on Eagles head mark?

Remove this Banner Ad

bobbycatsfanme

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2010
Mornington
AFL Club
Geelong
long shot but never know. I heard he actually dropped the mark on the way down but it's Round 1 in 1988 and Geelong played the West Coast Eagles down at kardinia park. All I can find is photo's of that famous leap but no video footage if anyone may have this game please pm me.

I am also after the 1995 Geelong versus Richmond, Round 8 match at the MCG where the Cats won by 10 goals. I don't have many full games on DVD but I have around 6 or so name a game titles (mostly Geelong games) if anyone wanted to trade for that game:)

quite possibly but I am pretty sure I have highlights from that same game which turned up on the internet some years ago (the Ablett highlights reel video). Channel 7 archives would surprise you the amount of footage they actually have gathering dust in their sporting studios but because it may not have been a mark then it doesn't get shown for any purpose other than highlighting his extraordinary athletic capablities. Worth posting a thread on it because of all his fantastic highlights I don't think he ever got higher than that leaping attempt and would look almost identicle to the Michael Mitchell mark at the end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Tm5XknOag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back