Would like some recommendations on TV, sound system and headphones please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
1. I'm going to buy a new TV for my bedroom, I want it to be roughly 50ish inches, very bright, easy to see in both day and night, 1080 etc.

what would be the best type? I don't know much about them, plasma, led, lcd?? it will be used to video games (fast paced) and movies if that makes a difference

2. i want a fairly affordable sound system (i guess i can call it that?) for the television. i want it to be good quality , but don't want to pay heaps for it, not really worried about it being the best, just want something decent.

3. would like a headset or headphones that i can plug into television, ps3 and laptop. i do a bit of gaming with fifa and a few others games and was hoping there is something i can use for talking to people online while playing, but then also being able to use it for music etc. on laptop.

i don't really know what i'm looking for or what i'm even talking about, any help will be greatly appreciated.

i currently have a DSE lcd, very small, 18" i think, very blurry and dull/dark screen. I i refuse to watch my new blu ray lord of the rings movies until I have a nice TV to enjoy them on :)

Go into a store and see what you like? It's generally personal preference. I've read plasma is better for gaming (less input lag) but it's probably not that noticeable.

Speakers.... you're probably better off getting a good 2.0 system, a nice sounding 5.1 system would be pricey.... plus if you get a decent amp you'll be able to upgrade to surround sound later.

Headphones...... go to Headphonic and go through the recommended list.

Google is your friend, look for some more AV/IT related forums and see what they've recommended to others. Do your research so you actually know what you are getting yourself into and what you're forking out your cash for :thumbsu:

EDIT: Oh... and if you pay more than $10 for a HDMI cable you're a ****ing idiot ;)

If you still haven't purchased your TV, or if you did, hopefully other readers on this forum will still find this useful. If you want a gaming TV, you want a TV with high refresh rates. LG's LED TVs like LM9600 is really good for gaming. Panasonic's VT50 is also a really nice TV but it's a plasma so if you want a plasma, definitely get a Panasonic. I personally prefer LEDs because of the lower power consumption and it doesn't suffer from bleeding issues unlike plasma TVs.

The Panasonic ST50A is probably the best value for money 50inch plasma on the market at the moment, the problem is they are in such high demand that there is barely any stock in Australia.

Not sure of your budget but if its tight, Audio Technica ATH-M50s are the best sounding <$200 headphones you'll find.

They have a few flaws though; quite heavy, they're closed which some people dont like, bass is very boomy and uncontrolled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back