Would the Eagles dump Cummings & Wilson then promote Buszan in 2002?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Willo will only have this one year. He has been a change and brought enjoyment. Scotty is a class player and I'd like to see him and Buszan in a 22. It would work a lot better than with Willo. I'd give Scotty a 2 year contract, performance related ie $10,000 for every match played, no retainer.

One of Wilson and Cummings will go if/when Buszan comes up, most likely Wilson, although it will come down to how they both perform in the second half of the season.

We are thinking a lot about Buszan thanks to his 9 goals, but is this any guarantee of him being an AFL level player next year? He will not necessarily be as good as either of the current two in 2002.

Cummings should stay, he is a class act and when fit and when the midfield can actually get the ball he will again kick goals.

Buzz does look good though and we all knew that Willow was a short term fix it.

I think they should give Cummings a chance to play a couple of games to see were he is at, he has been a class player in the past. People are looking for quick fix solutions to solve the problems and its not going to happen.
Dean Buzsan will play AFL but he has only played a couple of games of WAFL give him the rest of the year to find his way.
Wilson was only going to be a fill in player he has done his job.
As stated in the west today the eagles will have to start looking at each player with the view to next year.

The majority of our problems are in the midfield. It would not matter if we had Wayne Carey and Matthew Lloyd. We cant get the ball down there or out of the Centre.

I reckon Willo has had his day in the sun. He and we have all enjoyed it. But he has his limitations. Then again he must be costing us so little in regards the salary cap that it may be worth keeping him as a backup for another year.

Certainly, Scotty needs to show that he can stay on the paddock for the rest of the year. He will not the get touch or match fitness to perform at his peak when he is always getting injured. He is at the crossroads.

I hope Buszan is the answer to our long term prayers. He can be inconsistent with his kicking. But has also relied on the midfield dominance and delivery of the young Eagles at that Champion Club East Perth eg Wooden, Haynes, Humm, Chambers, Munro etc. So we need to improve our midfield stocks as we wont have Peter Matera or Dean Kemp much longer. Also, I read somewhere that Buszan has athritic ankles. Ouch! Probably need to play the big fella before he to is stuffed.

GO EAGLES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back