Would you boo Gary Ablett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggiesfan14

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I saw the great man on Spencer Street on Monday morning and instead of lifting the elbow up to help the club out due to his lack of suspension I panicked and said "great goal yesterday". Apologies all

DogDays

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2012
Ex-Melbourne, now Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In short yes I would. I remember giving it to him over the fence at Carrara several years ago when Picken wore him like a glove and dominated him. He spent the entire game sucking up to the umpires complaining of “unfair treatment”...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
I would not Boo Gary. In terms of booing in general I tend to only boo umpiring decisions as opposed to players. I have never understood why people would boo a champion. I wouldn’t like it if our champions like Bonti and JJ got booed for no other reason than they are great players and beating the opposition so I wouldn’t do it either.

In terms of Gary’s beliefs I don’t think I’ve ever heard him express a dislike or negative comment on any particular group of people. I am also a Christian and personally believe that the church should just stay out of matters of sexuality and relationships. That goes for their views on divorce as well, unfortunately the zealots come across as very righteous and judgemental when I don’t think they have any right to be. Just love everyone and show care and compassion for your fellow man and society in general would be a much better place.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would not Boo Gary. In terms of booing in general I tend to only boo umpiring decisions as opposed to players. I have never understood why people would boo a champion. I wouldn’t like it if our champions like Bonti and JJ got booed for no other reason than they are great players and beating the opposition so I wouldn’t do it either.

In terms of Gary’s beliefs I don’t think I’ve ever heard him express a dislike or negative comment on any particular group of people. I am also a Christian and personally believe that the church should just stay out of matters of sexuality and relationships. That goes for their views on divorce as well, unfortunately the zealots come across as very righteous and judgemental when I don’t think they have any right to be. Just love everyone and show care and compassion for your fellow man and society in general would be a much better place.
Always liked your posts ExRoyboy. I also am a Christian and it’s the most important thing in my life, more than the Bulldogs! But I’ve followed the Dogs for longer. As Christians I reckon we ought to be wary of zealots both within and without the church. It’s never up to anyone to ever tell anyone else how they should live their lives. I struggle everyday to be the best version of myself, let alone judge others. Guys like Gazza Jnr keep quiet and then get bitterly criticised for a ‘like’ (talk about zealots). But someone like Izzy Folau is quite zealous, and maybe immature too and gives the faith a bad name. Anyone can just quote passages, but to hear there background and context puts them in perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back