Would you do this trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: indeed.

Originally posted by kuepper

Hey I didnt my man, in fact to quote myself I did say:

Eastaughh has been selected as insureance, and ddue to Clem's prolonger absence through injury, he has got a run, done nothing great - but was neever selected to, or expected to.

Ok, ya got me there! :)

dockerbabe.... you say everyone expected Schell to kick a bag of goals each time he played?? Are you Mrs Schell in disguise?? You have got to be kidding!! He is a joke! The only decent full forward the dockers ever had was Kingsley Hunter...but of course they gave him away...cause you know, they were winning games back then...they wanted to stop that disturbing trend immediately...and what a wonderful job they have done too.

Esperito - If you reckon dockerbabe is Ms Schell based on her comments then I don't want to know what your relationship is to Hunter:eek:

Originally posted by Esperito
dockerbabe.... you say everyone expected Schell to kick a bag of goals each time he played?? Are you Mrs Schell in disguise?? You have got to be kidding!! He is a joke! The only decent full forward the dockers ever had was Kingsley Hunter...but of course they gave him away...cause you know, they were winning games back then...they wanted to stop that disturbing trend immediately...and what a wonderful job they have done too.

u obviously have trouble understanding what i said and wat i was meaning
i said that we expected schell to be kicking like 5 or so goals a game because he was doing that in the wafl
he is yet to prove himself in the games he has played
so i don't really think we can consider him one of our ok players until he does prove himself
my point i was trying to make was that no matter how good the player is in the wafl u wont know how good they are goin to be at afl level
so to sabre that polak guy could also be a joke and to u eagle supporters just wait till mcdougal actually plays a couple of games at least 5 or so to say that he is better than leigh brown and pavlich

Originally posted by dockerbabe
and to u eagle supporters just wait till mcdougal actually plays a couple of games at least 5 or so to say that he is better than leigh brown and pavlich

None of us have said that so don't know what your talking about here! :confused:

Originally posted by Visro

None of us have said that so don't know what your talking about here! :confused:

ah_19 said that the eagles have 2 players in gaspar and mcdougal that are better or will be better than pavlich and brown
i don't know if either of them have played and how many games but i certainly haven't heard anything so if they have played they obviously aint that good in their first few games
but as i say i do not know if they have played or not

Ok sorry about that then, didn't read that post in much detail. Just info for ya:

McDougall: was the best player in last years under 18 series in Ireland but since then has struggled with injury. Was picked up at #5 and the club was hoping that he could play immediately. Unfortunately due to a light frame for such a tall player and injuries have prevented him for debuting this season and WC will probably wait till next year. Club hopes he will be future CHF.

Gaspar: younger brother of Darren at the Tigers. Picked up at #14 in 1999 draft but had a massive growth spurt last year which ruled him out of playing. Has played six games so far this season but has been struck down with injury lately. Also a handy goal kicker but club hopes he will be future CHB. Very similar to McDougall at this current stage.

There ya go!

Originally posted by Visro
Ok sorry about that then, didn't read that post in much detail. Just info for ya:

McDougall: was the best player in last years under 18 series in Ireland but since then has struggled with injury. Was picked up at #5 and the club was hoping that he could play immediately. Unfortunately due to a light frame for such a tall player and injuries have prevented him for debuting this season and WC will probably wait till next year. Club hopes he will be future CHF.

Gaspar: younger brother of Darren at the Tigers. Picked up at #14 in 1999 draft but had a massive growth spurt last year which ruled him out of playing. Has played six games so far this season but has been struck down with injury lately. Also a handy goal kicker but club hopes he will be future CHB. Very similar to McDougall at this current stage.

There ya go!

well if mcdougal was best player in the u18's thing he will probly be good just like hasleby but none of us well i'm hoping none of us docker supporters said he was goin to be better than a superstar b4 he played at least 5 games for us but with him getting his norwich rising star nomination in the first round i think we could tell from that game he was goin to be great

keupper

Thanks for the Dan Parker reference. I remember one match where we were getting flogged (i think by North Melbourne) and the play went from Clucas to Parker to some other crab, and I turned to my mate and said "...there you go. Mark down that passage of play as something special!"

I was, of course, being sarcastic.

I did try to keep it simple (ergo 2 smalls and a tall for a small and two talls no way, get @#$%Z , @#$% off), but this discussion has evolved, and I'll have a go at who I might consider trading in this scenario.

Gardiner (just saw him on the street 15 minutes ago, pleased to report he got out of my way) has a headpiece problem, I don't rate him although he is mobile, and in all honesty Fremantle have the ruck bases covered. Can't play Gardiner elsewhere, so I would on-trade him for a key position player (FF or CHB). Benny Gale is looking down the barrel of retirement soon, so maybe we could pick up Gasper. If that was the case I would trade Brown to you if we could do that deal (of course Brown has signed, so this is all hypothetical)

Cousins is absolutely class this year under pressure, and if it took Haselby and one or two other list players, or one other and a early draft pick I would do it. Maximum Haselby, two list players, one draft pick (not the first, either).

Wirrpunda, well I would play him as a small forward at the Dockers, and I think he would be well suited there. Don't know what I would trade for him, certainly not Pavlich, probably a list player, maybe one other, and one late draft pick. Brad Dodd and Ben Cunningham spring to mind (I can do this here, but I ask all of you for support in keeping this from Shane). Of course, if I had them, I could offer 30 Dan Parkers.

So there you go. Get stuck into that.

Dont know how you think you have your ruck bases covered?? Longmuir was thrown in there to cover for Micheal and although he has done quite well i think he suits being more of a forward. Eastaugh is crap and Clem Micheal was never really gonna be a star. Longmuir gets beaten by most quality ruckmen including Gardiner.

Dodd and Cunningham was a joke of course and your apprasial of Cousins was good but he is untradeable. You couldnt offer any sort of deal that would entice us to trade. I dont even think that WC would trade Bell and Haselby for him!

Originally posted by jod23
Dont know how you think you have your ruck bases covered?? Longmuir was thrown in there to cover for Micheal and although he has done quite well i think he suits being more of a forward. Eastaugh is crap and Clem Micheal was never really gonna be a star. Longmuir gets beaten by most quality ruckmen including Gardiner.

Dodd and Cunningham was a joke of course and your apprasial of Cousins was good but he is untradeable. You couldnt offer any sort of deal that would entice us to trade. I dont even think that WC would trade Bell and Haselby for him!

there is nothing WC could offer freo to get bell or hasleby even cousins
freo done alot to get bell back even traded 2 players they didnt' want to trade
and i don't know how you can say eastaugh is crap (actually i do u r an eagles supporter) he has played some good quality footy for freo the collingwood game he played well but i agree with u on one thing longmuir belongs up forward and clem michael was a good player and will be when he gets back
and longmuir doesn't get beaten by most of the quality ruck men he beats some of them in some of the games and he is only 20 so he is still developing
i know that neither the eagles or the dockers are stupid enough to do any of these trades mentioned so i don't know why we are still on this subject

Remove this Banner Ad

Back