Would you have taken 5-4

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonderdog

All Australian
Nov 14, 2001
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the start of the season if you had been offered 5 wins, 4 losses after 9 rounds, would you have taken it?

I predicted losses to Swans, Tigers, Pp and GWS with Hawks & Dees as 50-50 so I would have.

I was sort of excited about 4-18 and no. 2 pick, but I am enjoying this. ‍♂️
Same. I had to readjust from "goddamn it stop winning FFS!" To actually REALLY enjoying our performances.

Ill admit i was in the "bottom 4 for a pick before TT" camp. But ive really enjoyed the season so far

We have navigated well through the tough part of our draw and still ended up 5-4. If we can sustain our current form, we should rack up a lot of wins between now and the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how well we go against opposition we are expected to beat and if we can resist the urge of previous seasons to drop a fair number of winnable games.

Winning creates culture and confidence.

Poor kick, poor turnover, your teammates will back you in again. Best full forward, contested beasts in the middle, best backline.

Means you fly to Sydney, Perth, run down the race and puff your Royal Blue & White chest out and say " we're going to win ".

Last edited:
Anyone who says they wouldn't is
A) lying
B) stuck on the idea of coming bottom 4

Its not just what we've won its how we've won, coupled with the effort we've displayed when we've lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

coupled with the effort we've displayed when we've lost.
this is the best bit for me, i don’t think we have thrown in the towel this year, sure there ware a few games where the skills were a bit off but good to see us cracking in right to the end, watching the tigers game there’s little doubt that the blokes till believed they could win pretty much right up to the final siren.

some of the efforts in previous years were simply unacceptable, that 2nd half against * when we nearly let them steal it is front and square as a very poor example of show-boating and lack of effort. will be happy to not see a performance like that again.

the put it into perspective, i felt 100 times better after the tigers loss the other week than that win over *.

this is the best bit for me, i don’t think we have thrown in the towel this year, sure there ware a few games where the skills were a bit off but good to see us cracking in right to the end, watching the tigers game there’s little doubt that the blokes till believed they could win pretty much right up to the final siren.

some of the efforts in previous years were simply unacceptable, that 2nd half against * when we nearly let them steal it is front and square as a very poor example of show-boating and lack of effort. will be happy to not see a performance like that again.

the put it into perspective, i felt 100 times better after the tigers loss the other week than that win over *.
Despite how we are going my expectations from this year remain pretty much the same.

- no 10+ goal losses.
- have a crack and see where things land.
- get kids playing decent development roles

I still have no expectations on finals, if we get there we get there if we don't we don't.

Should we make them my expectation will be we play like a team that wants the flag.

I thought that we'd maybe win 6 games max. ....so hell yeah I would have taken 5-4 and the current position we're in. We've broken all the so called 'rebuild rules' so who knows where we'll end up... I hate seasons where it's basically all over by R10 (doesn't happen to often at North thankfully). It's good for the soul and winter boredom being excited by your footy team, winning on the weekend, making finals etc.
I think sinking to rock bottom, stockpiling early picks, playing to many youngsters, tanking, trading out good players etc etc might leave you in a cycle of shitness that is way too hard to get out of.

Hell, I couldn't see where a win was going to come from this season so absolutely. On one hand I'm disappointed that we are unlikely to have a top pick alongside TT but if we use our first to get a great player in then it doesn't bother me so much

At the start of the season if you had been offered 5 wins, 4 losses after 9 rounds, would you have taken it?

I predicted losses to Swans, Tigers, Pp and GWS with Hawks & Dees as 50-50 so I would have.
Taken it? I’d have sold a kidney to buy it!

I'd love to have a crack at Melbourne again, It was 6 goals in the end, but pretty much kept with them for most of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back