Would you like to see the Festival of Footy become a permanent fixture?

Would you like to see the Festival of Footy become a permanent fixture?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’d like to hear people’s thoughts, but personally I’m loving the nightly footy. Partly because I’m stuck here at home in Victoria, but it’s great to have AFL to watch every night. Like the Big Bash fixture but better.

Once things get back to normality next year onwards, do you want to see something like this remain? I.e. a scheduled 3 week block of games every night, in between regular rounds. Fixturing, breaks between games and fairness for teams can be talked about to death but I just love the idea of it.

Feels like the preseason a few years back when they'd have a meaningless match everyday. Reality is there aren't enough compelling matches to be having footy everynight. There isn't a must see match until Port vs Richmond on Saturday twilight.

Dynamic fixturing would work better where you have the most important games in the primetime slots from Thursday night to Saturday night.

Footy on everynight is probably good though for Victorians under house arrest.

Also, nothing is ever going back to normal.

We're only 6 months away from the 2021 preseason good chance there will be no crowds in Victoria next year as well. I'm not sure how teams will even train in Victoria if there is still community transmission. If there are crowds maybe a few thousand at most. Will send some clubs to the wall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like the preseason a few years back when they'd have a meaningless match everyday. Reality is there aren't enough compelling matches to be having footy everynight. There isn't a must see match until Port vs Richmond on Saturday twilight.

Dynamic fixturing would work better where you have the most important games in the primetime slots from Thursday night to Saturday night.

This is completely illogical.

In a 17 round season there are obviously way less 'meaningless' games.

This is just beyond argument. Its a fact.

Add to that your "must see" game is only 3 days away.

Then you have dogs v lions... In only 3 days.

I suspect you cant recall how many meaningless games.....Even entire rounds..... Happen in the average year.

Back