Would you like to see the Festival of Footy become a permanent fixture?

Would you like to see the Festival of Footy become a permanent fixture?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically the no reasons so far have been "because the games haven't been good", because they were all so great before this round, virus fear mongering or there has been no elaboration at all.
No there were plenty of other reasons.

teams having to rest fit players so the best sides arent playing which devalues the results.

would seriously reduce crowd numbers once they are able to return.

probably cant be done with 20 min qtrs. Games are too short.

I’d like to hear people’s thoughts, but personally I’m loving the nightly footy. Partly because I’m stuck here at home in Victoria, but it’s great to have AFL to watch every night. Like the Big Bash fixture but better.

Once things get back to normality next year onwards, do you want to see something like this remain? I.e. a scheduled 3 week block of games every night, in between regular rounds. Fixturing, breaks between games and fairness for teams can be talked about to death but I just love the idea of it.
A big thumbs up from me for the 7days/week scheduling, but I'd keep it to one round per week and have a minimum of 5 days between games for each team.

Compromise/optimised fixture:

Footy 5 days a week. 8 games.

Thursday - 1 game
Friday - 1
Saturday - 3
Sunday - 2
Monday - 1
Tuesday - 0
Wednesday - 0
If you brought another game to Friday night it would allow for two of the Friday teams to get a 6 day break before playing Thursday the following week.

Nope.

Keep getting home from work forgetting games are even on, then games like today that are on in the middle the afternoon WST.

Players rested, players getting injured, s**t games... all so we can have footy on Monday to Wednesday? Pass. Footy is something to look forward to on the weekend. Friday to Sunday with the odd Thursday night game if they have to is enough. It's not the NBA where there are a million games to get through, and it's not the EPL where they play a full home and away season. This season is already all over the shop with whole states being out of action, now clubs are chasing their tails planning for 4/5 day breaks and balancing resting players vs the risk of getting more injuries.

Squads aren't big enough (plus clubs recruit 18 year olds who aren't ready...) to play 4 games in 20 days.

It's a good novelty for now, but no I prefer having footy on the weekend

No to Festival of footy but yes to Thursday and Monday night footy.

Start the season on a Monday and second game on a Thursday.

Following week the round starts on a Thursday.

Round 1
Monday team 1 v team 2
Thursday team 3 v team 4

Round 2
Thursday team 1 v 3
Friday team 2 v 4

Round 3
Thursday team 1 v 4
Friday team 2 v 3

Round 11 Bye 1,2,3,4,5,6

Round 12
Thursday 5 v 6