Opinion Would you or wouldn’t you?

Would you stand the mark at training in an opposition guernsey?

• I would

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • I wouldn’t

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical ...

You’re at Collingwood training. A club official approaches you and asks “Hey, can we have a quiet word?” and they pull you aside.

They explain that the Senior Coach wants to make a particular training drill closer to match sim. This one ...

... the official explains that they need people to stand on the mark and distract players while they’re taking set shots. The official has a Carlton guensey over his arm in your size that you would need to wear for the dril.

Would you or wouldn’t you?

Poll above

Last edited:

I’d ask to borrow that silly Ronald McDonald wig that Dunny wore once to training last year, just to ham it up a bit :)
Me too, dance around pull faces but I would never be asked as too short. (Unless I was marking Blair).:D

I’d wear a Carlton jumper with 39 on it.

If it helps.

I’m a good makeshift flog with my injury inducing love of players:

Sier, Scharenberg, Wells.

Me too, dance around pull faces but I would never be asked as too short. (Unless I was marking Blair).:D

I'm 181.5cms tall re.. 6 foot = 182.88cms. That's why I always buy shoes with a 1.5cm heal as a min prerequisite re.. so I can say I'm over 6 foot.

Happy to stand the mark but there is nothing you could offer to entice me to wear a Carlton jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetical ...

You’re at Collingwood training. A club official approaches you and asks “Hey, can we have a quiet word?” and they pull you aside.

They explain that the Senior Coach wants to make a particular training drill closer to match sim. This one ...

... the official explains that they need people to stand on the mark and distract players while they’re taking set shots. The official has a Carlton guensey over his arm in your size that you would need to wear for the dril.

Poll above

Well for a cash payment i would consider it,"Time is money"

Hypothetical ...

Poll above

Yep I would.

I would do anything to help our team

I had to make another comment on this..... it's kind of weird promoting this view that somehow collingwood people would find it hard to wear a carlton jumper but at the same time, having a guy as vice president who was a long term carlton supporter before being approached by Eddie to form a team to take over the board in 1999. I wouldnt be surprised if he used a carlton jumper to sleep in - given to him, I suspect, by his now dead father in law and highly illegal price fixing paper magnate, richard pratt.

I had to make another comment on this..... it's kind of weird promoting this view that somehow collingwood people would find it hard to wear a carlton jumper but at the same time, having a guy as vice president who was a long term carlton supporter before being approached by Eddie to form a team to take over the board in 1999. I wouldnt be surprised if he used a carlton jumper to sleep in - given to him, I suspect, by his now dead father in law and highly illegal price fixing paper magnate, richard pratt.

Markfs , I love you like a brother ...

... but gee, this obsession over anybody who so much as earns bank interest is a darstardly capitalist pig goes a bit far.

You know that I shared concerns over our board makeup. I was concerned that they were old and stale and homogenous. You seemed to be concerned that they know how to make a buck ...

... whatever ...

... we’ve turned over four board positions in a little over two years. We’ve now got a woman who is an advocate for indigenous issues - wouldn’t you celebrate that? We’ve now got a bloke who knows how to kick a Sherrin and once bawled in Mick Malthouse’s arms - wouldn’t you celebrate that? We’ve now got a bloke who embraced corporate social responsibility long before it became trendy - wouldn’t you celebrate that? We’ve now got a woman who has been a champion of Collingwood’s expansion into female sports - wouldn’t you celebrate that?

Last edited:
If they thougt it was helpful, all good.

But I did have the 'pleasure' back in the day of my little league experience being a Carlton player at Vic Park.

alex waislitz would be a good candidate for the job as he was a carlton supporter a few years back..... but he's probably too busy to get to training
Makes me laugh every time

What a dreadful slurring of someone who has given plenty to Collingwood.

We shouldn’t have to put up with such low level crap.

Back