Would you prefer to hear the Colllliinngwooood drone or a thousand vuvuzelas at the GF today?

Remove this Banner Ad

melbournemartin

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2003
USA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Genève-Servette HC, Pittsburgh Pens
Easily the Collingwood drone. That's real support, not some cheap made in China plastic horn.

Lunchlady Doris

Hall of Famer
Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Vuvuzelas for sure. Seriously, what mouthbreather thought it would be a good idea to emit that sound? The name of the club, every syllable stretched out with a total of 2 unique yet droning notes is the shittest attempt at a chant I've heard. God awful noise.

cosmicr

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
that stupid chant that a lot of clubs do comes from soccer anyway. I'm so glad we bulldogs dont do it.

melbournemartin

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2003
USA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Genève-Servette HC, Pittsburgh Pens
Anything is better than the Saints cheersquad with their "wa wa wooooooooo" after every goal. I cringe whenever I hear it on TV or at the ground.

flamethrower

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2003
On the COVID-19 Front Line
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
PCCSharks, Angels, Rams, MapleLeafs
The long Collingwood chant at the MCG last Friday night was spine chilling. Sitting high up in the Great Southern Stand listening to it, I was glad I wasn't a Geelong fan on the night (apart from the smashing they were getting on the field).

quotemokc

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I was impressed at the support during the parade when the Pies fans drowned out Riewoldt

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
After sitting next to the for the Saints final, I don't think our cheer squad is mentally capable of producing anything better

ahah

i dont think any cheer squads are that capable, saying that i love their dedication, just not a lot going on upstairs though

Valve Bounce

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Any club deserves to chant whatever they like to support their club. Of course, All Collingwood supporters, media and many spectators expect Collingwood to win to the extent that they are showing no respect to St Kilda. Now that is the most dangerous situation any team will find itself in: over confident and lack of respect for the opposition.
Me, I'm neutral and will just enjoy the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad