Would you support the Hawks if...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alite

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
Snowtown
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know this has been stated already but, this thread is based on a hypothetical thought bubble of Jeff Kennet.
A thought bubble with intent.

It is all about forcing the Tassie Government to make a decision on whether they will renew our partnership. Frankly, the Tassie government can talk big but they have no leg to stand on. The AFL cannot currently afford to pay for another team (as they did with GWS) and the Tassie government will not either. No government will deprive their supporters of their favoured sport... and so Tassie will continue their sponsorship with Hawthorn. Jeff has many faults, but he knows politics.

lyger

All Australian
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If it was to Tassie I think I would.
This comment made me think.

As a general pondering, are you more likely to keep following the Hawks if the new location was still relatively easy to get to and if the club had some existing connection?

Is a relocation a relocation regardless and the end of the story?

CobberRodgers

Senior List
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
This comment made me think.

As a general pondering, are you more likely to keep following the Hawks if the new location was still relatively easy to get to and if the club had some existing connection?

Is a relocation a relocation regardless and the end of the story?
It's still a relocation end of story type of set up, just for me, having been through this before, a move to Tassie wouldn't make me stop following Hawthorn.

Things are very accessible these days and I have family and work links in Tassie.

No doubt it's still a relocation and ripping the club out of it's home and I would completely understand the feelings of the long time supporters of 50 plus years etc.

killerspud

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably not - hmmm maybe. I'm not sure - The one thing I do know is that I would have even more contempt and scorn for the AFL which is a mickey mouse organisation that hasn't got much right in the past 40 years and have destroyed the game almost beyond repair with its attempt to turn it into a business.

Brant

Premium Platinum
Sep 6, 2009
Padbury; WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Whenever I'm faced with a tough decision, I often think to myself "What would the AFL do?"

And then do the opposite.
#rulechange

AFL: “Dammit, I swallowed a fly... I should definitely swallow this spider to catch the fly, then penalise a bunch of other people for not swallowing flies. Oh nuts, now I’ve swallowed a spider... I better swallow this here bird...”

And so on...

Ugottabjokin

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia Any Sport
Anything that isn't Hawthorn Hawks can GAGF. I'll follow Storm, Victory, Melb United etc.
Plenty of over sports and if the AFL and the powers to be at Hawthorn want to be dicks then they can go and suck each other off.
They won't be getting my membership $$$ or following.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Knicks // NY Giants
After everything that has gone on the last year it has really been driven home to me that by far and away my main enjoyment of following the club comes from attending games at the G. My passion for footy was so depleted last year that for the first time in a decade there where some matches I didn’t even watch on TV. I refuse to go to the Docklands dump so even moving our home games there would be a big change to me. So in answer to your question probably not. For me the best part of footy is going to the games and barracking.

Remove this Banner Ad