Would you support the Hawks if...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course I would.

It would be s**t, but what am I supposed to do - select the next closest geographically located team (to Hawthorn) & support them instead?

Out of interest, which club would that be? :think:

If the players continued with no change, and the jumper continued, possibly...the way South Melbourne supporters get behind Sydney.

Don't know if it would be the same, or close...but it has more chance of getting my attention than a merge.

No. I sent an email to the club yesterday on this very subject.

I would give up the game completely and find something else to do with my time.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would be my queue to completely ditch following the AFL.

Would probably find a local league and pick a team there. Maybe Box Hill if they somehow survived, which would be unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its a silly question really, Jerff's latest outburst was just a trolling reaction to the Tassie PM trying to act tough and deliver the AFL an ultimatum.

When did the AFL ever bow to outside pressure?

Our club has enough money and assets to stay where we are, we arent going anywhere.

There is nothing Fitzroy about the Brisbane Lions and nothing South Melbourne about the Sydney Swans. There is no such thing as a relocation, it’s one club ceasing to exist and a totally new club being formed.
100%. The club isn’t yours anymore. It’s a whole new state’s, a whole new set of supporters and a whole new life and soul.

I know both Fitzroy and old South Melbourne supporters whose love and passion for footy disappeared overnight with their clubs relocation. Sometimes they’ll feign interest if that club makes a Grand Final or something, but beyond that, there’s nothing.

Those saying they would walk away from the game are talking sh*t.
Rubbish.
I would absolutely be done.
The game is no longer a game - it is a business that is manipulated to suit the interests of the AFL.
A relocation would be the last straw for me.

Btw...there is as much chance of Hawthorn relocating to Tassie as them playing for premiership points at Windy Hill.
It wont happen.

Some of the older people in this chat may remember when the AFL moved away from Waverley and the ground went into ruin. My family loved going to Waverley and one person in my family was more heartbroken than most when we could no longer go to a local game. My brother broke into the ground and used the bench seats to write the words “Shame AFL” ... or was it AFL Shame... something like that in the middle of the oval. A TV station helicopter saw it and made it news.

My brother no longer goes to games. His thought was, why support Hawthorn if they will not be where I want them ... or at least that is what I understood from his actions.

I think my brother was a poor supporter of Hawthorn. He gave up on them when they left Waverley Park.

Why is it that we only support a team that is near our home? Many in bigfooty support soccer teams in England and NBA teams in the USA. Their location is irrelevant.

Hell yes I would support Hawthorn wherever they went. A home is not where you s**t but where your heart lives.

But I want to go to games. If that Tennent is respected, I’ll follow the team to NZ.

Your melts can start here ! 😞

Last edited:
Well, I live in Adelaide, so of course I would.
This is how I feel about it too.
I moved away from Victoria but I never moved away from the Hawks.
If the Hawks moved closer (Qld) I could see them more like I used to, like I want to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back