List Mgmt. Would you take Aish back?

Would you take back Aish into the Lions for free?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take a kid stacking shelves at Coles whose not scared of the cooler room before I'd take James Aish back..... Our worst first round draft selection this century.
We took Llane Spaanderman at pick 18 in 2003.

NOTHING will ever top that.

What a vicious personal attack on a player whose only crime was to request a trade.

He's still a human being.
He acted and played that way when he was here. Then acted like he was staying all the while getting a back handed deal done. Clearly thought he was above the lions and for someone with such little talent, tenacity or runs on the board that was an insult.

I would take a kid stacking shelves at Coles whose not scared of the cooler room before I'd take James Aish back..... Our worst first round draft selection this century.

Billy Longer still takes that trophy imo.

Some tough competition for that sport in the decade or so beforehand

Eh. He's shown nothing since his debut season. Maybe getting shown the door is the reality check he needs? Coming back as a reject would have to be humbling and he'd know that.

But he really just looks like a journeyman at this stage, so why would we even waste a rookie spot? I mean we've already got journeymen like Bell, Bewick, Harwood. So there really is no role for him. We've got depth.

Longer going lot better than Aish and genuinely good bloke!

Yeah, but we took Longer with 8 when we had an established ruckman who in his mid 20s with the thought that Longer could have an impact up forward. Taking a ruck in the top 10 is bad. When you already have an established but young ruck is bad. When that ruck draftee actually shows he has no forward acumen or ability, or even significant efforts around the ground, that's bad.

I tend to think if Aish didn't have his head up his ass and thinking about some future at a big club he might have developed decently with us. His first year was pretty good imo. He's just been a shell of that since. Although I guess the reasons why he didn't develop are pretty extensive and not as simple as just switching clubs.

Yeah, but we took Longer with 8 when we had an established ruckman who in his mid 20s with the thought that Longer could have an impact up forward. Taking a ruck in the top 10 is bad. When you already have an established but young ruck is bad. When that ruck draftee actually shows he has no forward acumen or ability, or even significant efforts around the ground, that's bad.

I tend to think if Aish didn't have his head up his ass and thinking about some future at a big club he might have developed decently with us. His first year was pretty good imo. He's just been a shell of that since. Although I guess the reasons why he didn't develop are pretty extensive and not as simple as just switching clubs.
Yeah we took longer too high, your bang on, but he's still better than Aish! Aish was genuinely the softest big name draft recruit with huge reputation I've seen. Saw a game at Etihad against North and he was getting jawed by few nth players about how soft he was. Stood next to him before that game and thought to myself, how scrawny is this guy. Didn't even look like a player, looked more like a jockey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like someone's comments on Bundy and Cuts?
I don't post on BF brained anymore buster brown. I don't even remember posting until I had all the notifications the next day.

Move on bud you have a hard on for me every time I post I can guarantee a jackass reply

I don't post on BF brained anymore buster brown. I don't even remember posting until I had all the notifications the next day.

Move on bud you have a hard on for me every time I post I can guarantee a jackass reply

Way to lift the conversation

Yeah we took longer too high, your bang on, but he's still better than Aish! Aish was genuinely the softest big name draft recruit with huge reputation I've seen. Saw a game at Etihad against North and he was getting jawed by few nth players about how soft he was. Stood next to him before that game and thought to myself, how scrawny is this guy. Didn't even look like a player, looked more like a jockey!

Was that the game where we won and Rocky called Boomer a ******? From memory he was awesome.

edit: Nah, that was at the Gabba. Never mind

Was that the game where we won and Rocky called Boomer a ******? From memory he was awesome.

Nah we got flogged that day at Etihad, went into the rooms after the game, boys were like let's get the &$)@ out of here!

Rocky was on heat that game at the Gabba , was hating every mofo at north even had words with the coach, loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back