Would you take Jobe Watson's Brownlow away?

If the decision was yours to make. Would you take away Watson's Brownlow after ASADAs investigation?

• Yes - I would give it to Cotchin & Mitchell

Votes: 500 42.1%
  • Yes - The award wouldn't go to anyone for the year

Votes: 258 21.7%
  • No - I think he deserved it

Votes: 98 8.2%
  • No - He didn't know he was taking drugs.

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Sadly yes, the integrity of the game comes first before any individual.

Votes: 269 22.6%
  • I would try my best to sweep it under the carpet and give Essendon a 500,000 dollar fine.

Votes: 35 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ASADA personal came to the club, presented to the players and told them they had nothing to worry about! Post that our friends at WADA continued to push this one, along with drunks like the former head of WADA, the media and general public continued to whip this into a frenzy... and yet AFL and ASADA never cleared up the clarification on this stubstance and still havent.
Reid seemed pretty clear on it. Does he drink?

I've already answered this.
ASADA said they never gave approval to use AOD-9604.
No.

But what they did do, unless Chip is exposing himself to litigation, is advise - via their principle investigator - a room filled with players, EFC lawyers & officials that EFC had no case to answer in relation to AOD. They did this based on advice given by Richard Young that the vagaries and timing of WADAs position on AOD would make such a case impossible to prosecute.

So door closes on AOD, regardless of status. So people now can I guess form conclusions on whether it should or shouldn't have been used, but it's now a matter of empty speculation. ASADAs assurances make it now impossible to move in relation to that substance, and WADA isn't prepared to support an investigation relating to that substance taken at that time.

I doubt a doctor would endorse off sight self injecting to a pregnant woman in the first place. Call me old fashioned, but ask your own doctor next chance you have.
I'm lost. Are you advising Jobe Watson to tell his doctor he is pregnant?

(I admit, I'm probably not following as closely as I could be)

No.

But what they did do, unless Chip is exposing himself to litigation, is advise - via their principle investigator - a room filled with players, EFC lawyers & officials that EFC had no case to answer in relation to AOD. They did this based on advice given by Richard Young that the vagaries and timing of WADAs position on AOD would make such a case impossible to prosecute.

So door closes on AOD, regardless of status. So people now can I guess form conclusions on whether it should or shouldn't have been used, but it's now a matter of empty speculation. ASADAs assurances make it now impossible to move in relation to that substance, and WADA isn't prepared to support an investigation relating to that substance taken at that time.

Sounds like WADA are scared of testing out S.0 because that statement implies exactly that.

No.

I don't dispute this, but the conversation is about approval, it has never been approved.

Yep, with a few changes this is what I think is most likely to have occurred.

My thinking why couldn't the bombers just do what Cronulla did

The Sharks just went yup ......we'll have the backdated penalty which would have been four games or so

Done

No no Essendon and their brains trust decided denial river was the go ......and look where it's got them

It's cost them a CEO, damaged relationship, cost millions in lawyer fees, damaged the brand ......I'm not talking about wether they did or didn't ......clearly there's a body of evidence that says they are guilty ....it came down to technicality and legal jargon essentially.

If they had just gone ok .....yup we'll have the six month backdated bans and we move on

None of us would be talking about this .......

The reason they didn't do that was Hird ...it's likely he would have been sacked ....so this whole denial river approach is all about Hird ...

And the stupid thing they have backed him and low and behold he's a crap also. It's lose after loss for Essendon.

WADA was always going to appeal a non guilty verdict. Duh. I think this whole mess was driven by Hird's arrogance to not accept any responsibility.

Think about it is anyone labelling Cronulla players anymore .....meh ...today's news is tomorrow's fish n. Chip wrapper ...people move on quickly if you accept responsibility. People would even forgive Hird

Not now ..

My thinking why couldn't the bombers just do what Cronulla did

The Sharks just went yup ......we'll have the backdated penalty which would have been four games or so

Done

No no Essendon and their brains trust decided denial river was the go ......and look where it's got them

It's cost them a CEO, damaged relationship, cost millions in lawyer fees, damaged the brand ......I'm not talking about wether they did or didn't ......clearly there's a body of evidence that says they are guilty ....it came down to technicality and legal jargon essentially.

If they had just gone ok .....yup we'll have the six month backdated bans and we move on

None of us would be talking about this .......

The reason they didn't do that was Hird ...it's likely he would have been sacked ....so this whole denial river approach is all about Hird ...

And the stupid thing they have backed him and low and behold he's a crap also. It's lose after loss for Essendon.

WADA was always going to appeal a non guilty verdict. Duh. I think this whole mess was driven by Hird's arrogance to not accept any responsibility.

Think about it is anyone labelling Cronulla players anymore .....meh ...today's news is tomorrow's fish n. Chip wrapper ...people move on quickly if you accept responsibility. People would even forgive Hird

Not now ..

That is some of the dullest s**t I've ever read.

I think it would be hard to think of a more likeable guy than Jobe Watson.I wouldn't get any pleasure out of seeing him lose the Brownlow but you have to think about those who came second to him and whats fair for them.

That is some of the dullest s**t I've ever read.
X5AbD8h.jpg

Maybe, maybe not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is staggering

If Hird had come forward at the same time as when Dean Robinson was sacked and said I'm also partly to blame and and I'm stepping down as I don't feel it's right to stay as leader as I have caused much of this

Then I feel this whole saga would be dead and buried

It's likely the players would seem things much clearer.

I suspect this whole mess would be dead and buried by now and I also firmly believe the club would t be sitting 4-8 on the table. The mental damage to the players by dragging this on and on is profound

Some may not actually ever recover mentally

Case in point last week when Mitchell sledged them. Not one player went to Mitchell as he's was doing and flew the flag. Not one said screw you mate .....nup they all had their heads and down and the body language was saying "your right we are bunch of dope heads and can you please stop Sam it's making us sad" .......

Harden up players , much of this has been caused by Hird and his insistence to keep protesting his innocence .......for what gain. Wether on the technicality he was right or wrong is actually irrelevant.

At no point has Hird take responsibility and owned up to this ......he blamed Robinson, evens, the media ......dank

He's blamed demetriou

Not once has he taken any responsibility and I firmly believe this is why WADA are going after this .....they have him in their scope target. And again even if it come back not guilty the damage and ASADA and WADA a have inflicted will last forever ......people's lives destroyed

Why because Hird couldn't go ....hey let's accept the offer of a four week ban they had on the table...the six month ban would have been backdated and they would have missed four matches ....over done

How stupid are Essendon

These players are mentally shattered and it's their coach that's caused this and he's the bloke standing up really driving the bus. It some ply doesn't work.

whats with the man love for him. he won a brownlow while being pumped full of juice and keeping it on the down low. Albeit while captain. Why do we love him again??? Dodgey as, but he is hird 2.0 all over again
Who said I loved him?

I know after a long year at work, I personally like to travel and have a couple of beers to unwind. Why shouldn't he be able to do the same?

whats with the man love for him. he won a brownlow while being pumped full of juice and keeping it on the down low. Albeit while captain. Why do we love him again??? Dodgey as, but he is hird 2.0 all over again

No chill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back