Wouldn't it be poetic justice if.............

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Sep 20, 2002
Frankston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Chris Judd said he was going back to Victoria to play for Collingwood.
The Eagles try everything to do a fair deal with us.
We hold out until 1.59pm on the last day of trades and offer them Ben Kinnear..........and wait...........they accept because it all they are going to get.

Whats the "peotic justice" in that ?

You got buckley, rocca and lica for nothing, now you want judd?

IMO, symtomatic of the bigger problems at Collingwood if you think *another* midfielder is going to solve your on-field problems.

Originally posted by grayham
Whats the "peotic justice" in that ?

IMO, symtomatic of the bigger problems at Collingwood if you think *another* midfielder is going to solve your on-field problems.
Whilst I agree there wouldn't be any poetic justice, to say that we got Bucks, Lica and Pebbles for nothing, is so seriously ignorant it isn't funny!!

Buckley - pick 12 (Chris Scott)
Licuria - pick 3 (Nik Fosdike)
Rocca - Ben Wilson, Mar Orchard pick 14 (Brett O'Farrell) & pick 33 (Will Sangster)

Not our fault you picked *******s for Rocca was it. The fact remains you got 4 players for him.

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
What have the E-girls done to Collingwood that rates a "poetic Justice" type scenario apart from having their coach poached?

That allowed them to upgreade to a newer better model anyway. :)

Oh yes, I agree: Ken Judge was a way better 'model' than Mick Malthouse ever was/is.

Problem controlling dyslexia eh?

Keep trying.........................

Yes, yes we do.

And history show's we'll probably get him if we want him too. :D

Must really suck to not barrack for Collingwood.......

And for nothing Sydney have got - Lockett , Bolton , Hall , Maxfield , Schauble , Paul Williams and Lewis Roberts-Thomson . :eek:

Nah its much better to barrack for a fabricated, johnny come lately, mismanaged, battler of a club. Of anyone to have a go at us about trading, surely a Freo supporter would not?
How is Chris Groom going? I heard that bloke McLeod that you werent interested in is quite a player.

Actually Chris Groon inspired his team to comeback from an 8 goal half time deficit on the weekend playing for West Preston in the DVFL . He was moved into the ruck and dominated the game to be best afield . They got up and won by 4 points .

He was quoted as saying - "When we were 8 goals down at half time , i drew on past experiences from playing with Fremantle . We were 8 goals down at half time every week . Only difference is that West Preston is actually a decent team and we were able to come back where as Fremantle would continue to play insipid football and end up loosing by 16 goals . " ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not agreeing it would be poetic justice, weve never been ripped off by the toast so ive got no bitterness.

I doubt Judd will end up with us. Weve pretty much raped the toast by offloading Adkins to them AND getting Williams in return, so i doubt theyll be happily dealing with us.

Originally posted by Perty4
im not agreeing it would be poetic justice, weve never been ripped off by the toast so ive got no bitterness.

I doubt Judd will end up with us. Weve pretty much raped the toast by offloading Adkins to them AND getting Williams in return, so i doubt theyll be happily dealing with us.

50/50 I would have thought. Both good players.

Having had both i rate Williams higher simply because he is a strong marker and his stickies are so much more important than Adkins outside finishing. His kicking at Collingwood was at best deplorable. Saw him at training Pre GF and for the mood around the place and even blokes like Kinnear training their buts off, Adkins could not hit a target in kick to kick from 30 metres away.

U watch at West Coast. he will play one or two good games to ensure his contract gets extended then fall away and frequent the WAFL.

Hmm, I must talk a different language than some. I'll explain in as simple terms as I can.
The Poetic Justice is in relation to Collingwood not the Wet Toasters.

Nick Davis last year left the pies, we could not negotiate a good/fair deal. At the last minute we had to accept a draft pick No 21 (Bo Nixon) an untried player for a good player - see what I am getting at huh! is it sinking in yet.
I bet it still isn't.
Someone will come back with "But what has that got to do with........."

Originally posted by Murray
Chris Judd said he was going back to Victoria to play for Collingwood.
The Eagles try everything to do a fair deal with us.
We hold out until 1.59pm on the last day of trades and offer them Ben Kinnear..........and wait...........they accept because it all they are going to get.

Do you seriously think every Victorian in the non-Vic clubs wants to go "home" to play for Collingwood?? Yeah, right....
Judd will stay with West Coast, where he belongs (for the next few years anyway).
Besides, how is that "poetic justice" - what have the Toasters ever done to you lot with the over-inflated impressions of yourselves and expanded sense of self-worth and importance??

alright so now I feel quite the knob as I got a little fired up (was i defending the Toast... better have a cup of tea and a lie down) at a stupid comment made (unclearly I might add) about poetic justice and ripping off a player from a "non-Vic" club.... didn't finish reading to the end of the thread to see the explanation.

Originally posted by ImperialPurple
alright so now I feel quite the knob as I got a little fired up (was i defending the Toast... better have a cup of tea and a lie down) at a stupid comment made (unclearly I might add) about poetic justice and ripping off a player from a "non-Vic" club.... didn't finish reading to the end of the thread to see the explanation.

That's allright IP I did the same thing. Don't know what came over me defending the toast. :(

BTW you left out Lockyer , Clement & Woewoden from your Sig. :)

I would be wraped to get Judd but I can't see it happening. The price would be too high and we don't have early draft picks to offer.

grayham, Judd would not solve any problems with Collingwood structure right now, although another class midfilder would ne great. It would put us in the Brisbane/Adelaide catagory. What Judd would do that is of most value is provide a possible replacement for Buckley. Big shoes and unlikely to be filled but when he retires he will need to be replaced since Burns will be retiring about the same time. If your club had some foresight you might have a real club and a sustainable business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back