Injury Wounded Tigers - keep track of our injury status here

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We have Balmy now, like when he was at Geelong and Collingwood all injuries are a couple of weeks (losing a leg would be a month)

If Rance actually did an ACL letting him play again this season would be courting disaster, 4 months on a non lars repair would be madness. We would lose him for another season and he may never be the same. I would love for him to be back this year like everyone else here but common sense must prevail even if he feels good and is running around jumping tall buildings by August.

We can still win.

Oct 8, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Spurs, 49ers, SF Giants, GS Warrio
Given our whole leadership group is out I thought I would take a quick look at how others are tracking

What was interesting from the below is
* there are 98 members of leadership groups across the league
* an average of just over 6
* with 3 the lowest (Tigers, Port and WCE)
* 8 the most (Gold Coast and Brisbane), Cats and Crows with 7
* 23 players were out, (~23% or 1.4 per team)
* 4 teams leadership groups were all playing (Freo, North, WC and WBD)
* 2 teams with all players out, Port and ourselves. But Wines, Jonas and Hartlett don’t have quite the impact as Cotch, Rance and Riewoldt.
* Clearly playing ability is not the only ingredient in some teams decision making (eg George Horlin-Smith)

What does this all mean? Other than I am easily distracted from things i should be doing, to my eye, the Pies still have injuries.

1557789929469.png

Carnis

Senior List
Aug 9, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
"Evidence suggests that syndesmosis sprains typically require 6 to 8 weeks forrecovery, but this is variable. Chronic pain, instability, and functional limitations are common after syndesmosis sprains. "

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
F*** F*** F*** F***

there goes the Rising Star

Fyfe is a thug. Landing on a bloke's ankle is pretty rare - and it just happened to be him didn't it?

Apparently there will be an injury update video from the club put out today

Expecting Vlastuin, Rioli and maybe Graham to be available

Rance is gonna be on the park before finals I feel.

Cotchy back for the North game.

Tigga and Dan back this week,some good news.

Gutwrenching these injuries but exciting as well as we get to blood more cubs.

Next year,hopefully with a full bill of health and alot of cubs with senior experience,we will be roaring!

Not counting off this year either,our young players have been amazing.

Last edited:

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
We have Balmy now, like when he was at Geelong and Collingwood all injuries are a couple of weeks (losing a leg would be a month)

If Rance actually did an ACL letting him play again this season would be courting disaster, 4 months on a non lars repair would be madness. We would lose him for another season and he may never be the same. I would love for him to be back this year like everyone else here but common sense must prevail even if he feels good and is running around jumping tall buildings by August.

We can still win.

The more Ive been thinking about this the more I agree. If he does it again then he loses next year and its probably curtains on his career- definitely will be past his best. I dont believe playing him after 4-5 months off will be the difference between winning another flag. If we're good enough to get there without him (and I suspect we are), we can do it without him coming back rusty after a knee.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
The one I'm upset about is Ross looked so good.

The positive in it is hes had a taste, showed hes very capable and will come back in plenty of time to get match fit again and be fresh before finals. Also gives RCD a chance which i suspect he'll get in the next 3-4 weeks

Last edited:
Back